When Your Best-Selling Items Aren't Soap...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrap my soap in paper. I had one soap that didn’t sell at all. Changed the paper to one I don’t like much and it is a best seller.
I can’t sell Amalfi coast FO soap at all no matter what the pattern of the soap.
I made soap dough Xmas travel soaps in cute container - didn’t sell at all. I can sell as many crochet pure cotton washers as I can make.

They are both deep manly smells.
Hmmm... I need to have a chat with my men. I have one guy who buys Nag Champa, all the rest are female and my DB only sells to women. The most common comments I hear when I suggest Nag Champa or DB for men is that "It's too feminine".

Hmmm... I need to have a chat with my men. I have one guy who buys Nag Champa, all the rest are female and my DB only sells to women. The most common comments I hear when I suggest Nag Champa or DB for men is that "It's too feminine".
That is too funny when I sell it mainly to men. Nag will sell to women and so will DB but not at the same rate I sell to men.
Nothing is going to sell at my 2 markets, they just shut them down until further notice because of CoronaV. :(

We figured out that about 50% of my sales are non-soap items: shea butter, deodorant and salves, massage oil, soap dishes, essential oils, my sewn items like neck coolers and eye pillows, except now I'm not going to any shows or markets.

Back