When you don't have a 1 lb soap mold..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meepocow

Reaction score
But you do have a 48 oz one! :p I only have larger molds and didn't want to run out to buy a smaller 1 lb mold, so I used the miter saw to cut a piece of wood the right size, and wrapped that in parchment. Used an elastic to secure it to the wood sleeve. It worked a treat, and even the thinner trace topping stayed inside!

I am also tickled that my soapcalc recipe and measurements lined up pretty accurately!

1665520296671.png

1665520316425.png

Very smart! :)

You might also want to look into buying EOs from soap suppliers. For the price of those little NOW brand EO bottles, you can purchase so much more by buying in bulk. It does take quite a bit more EO than you might think to create a lasting scent in soap. And despite what the MLM EO marketers may tell you, everyone pretty much uses the same growers and wholesalers around the world to obtain their products. ;)

A few good EO suppliers include New Directions Aromatics, Camden Grey (they just had an EO sale!), and Wholesale Supplies Plus. I'm sure others will chime in with more suggestions. :)

Very smart! :)

You might also want to look into buying EOs from soap suppliers. For the price of those little NOW brand EO bottles, you can purchase so much more by buying in bulk. It does take quite a bit more EO than you might think to create a lasting scent in soap. And despite what the MLM EO marketers may tell you, everyone pretty much uses the same growers and wholesalers around the world to obtain their products. ;)

A few good EO suppliers include New Directions Aromatics, Camden Grey (they just had an EO sale!), and Wholesale Supplies Plus. I'm sure others will chime in with more suggestions. :)
So.. I may have a bulk EO order on its way.. 🙈

'm glad you recommended New Directions Aromatics, they are based in Toronto, Canada so they seemed the most accessible to me!

Not so patiently waiting for it to arrive, but I wanted to soap again so I dug through my diffuser stash for oils I don't reach for. I love lemongrass in soaps, but have found it gives me headaches to diffuse so I thought I would add it to this recipe!

😆 Don't get me started on MLMs, I will go on a rip. I do agree there are a lot of fake oils being sold at like WalMart and Amazon, but the good stuff doesn't have to be $60/vial!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221009-162208_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20221009-162208_Gmail.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 0
View attachment 69340
I do basically the same thing, only with Coroplast and cardboard. If you don't have Coroplast (plastic corrugated cardboard), you can use paper corrugated cardboard covered with plastic wIm, genius!! We just had a municipal election, I feel like campaign signs are made of this studd?

View attachment 69340
I do basically the same thing, only with Coroplast and cardboard. If you don't have Coroplast (plastic corrugated cardboard), you can use paper corrugated cardboard covered with plastic wrap.
UM, GENIUS!! We just had a municipal election, I reckon campaign signs are made of the same stuff? 🤣 Lots of those still on the roadways!

Latest posts

Back