When you bath in oil and absorb the oil can it get you fat

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reaper89971

Reaction score
I have a question about essential oil bathing. I started essential oil bathing recently and i have been using a little too much oil cause im not sure how many drops of each oil to use when i bath. When you bath and use say 5 oils how many drops of each oil should you use. Im am doing it for muscle recovery and blood circulation. Im wondering though when you bath in oil and absorb it through your skin is that the same as eating oil. Does the oil store on your body like it would if you ate it. Or does it not work that way. Cause the carrier oils contain lots of fat. When you absorb that, can you store that fat like when you eat oil. Anyone know the answer to this question. I don't want to gain weight because im bathing in oil you know what i mean.

I am quite certain you are not going to gain weight bathing in oils. But you are highly diluting the oils in a tub full and water and I would say you are losing all the benefits of the EO's. It would be much more effective to mix your EO's in a carrier oil and rub them on as a leave-on product, although that will leave you a bit oily. Drops in a tub of water will simply make 0 difference in my opinion.

I have a question about essential oil bathing. I started essential oil bathing recently and i have been using a little too much oil cause im not sure how many drops of each oil to use when i bath. When you bath and use say 5 oils how many drops of each oil should you use. Im am doing it for muscle recovery and blood circulation. Im wondering though when you bath in oil and absorb it through your skin is that the same as eating oil. Does the oil store on your body like it would if you ate it. Or does it not work that way. Cause the carrier oils contain lots of fat. When you absorb that, can you store that fat like when you eat oil. Anyone know the answer to this question. I don't want to gain weight because im bathing in oil you know what i mean.
When you soak in oil during a nice bath, it doesn't work the same way as chowing down on a burger. The oils you use mainly get absorbed through your skin and don't add to your calorie count or make you fat.

But here's the scoop: using too much oil can leave you feeling all greasy, and that's no fun. Plus, it might bug your skin or cause some irritation. So, keep it in check, and don't go overboard with the oils.
Taking oily baths for relaxation or skincare isn't a big deal when it comes to your weight.

Have you tried making a salt soak instead? Keep in mind, this will pull toxins out of your system in a big way! Can be used as a scrub as well.

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
  • 8 oz Dead Sea Salt
  • 8 oz Epsom Salt
  • 2 oz Coconut Oil
  • 2 oz Jojoba Oil
  • 2 oz Sunflower Oil
  • 1 oz Apricot Seed Oil
  • 2 grams Dried Lavender Flowers
  • 2 mL Lavender EO (MB)
  • 1 mL Tea Tree EO (MRH)
  • 1mL Frankincense Carterii C02 (MB)
  • .5 mL Myrrh EO (MB)
  • .5 mL May Chang EO (RSB)
  • .5 mL Rosemary EO (RSB)
  • .5 mL Eucalyptus EO (MB)
Instructions:
  • Using a mortar and pestle, grind the Lavender flowers to a medium coarseness.
  • In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients.
  • Whip/mix until well blended.
  • Scoop into jars.
  • Use 1/4 to 1/2 cup in your bath. Rinse in shower and gently pat skin dry.

Pt 2. While it's true that the dermis can absorb certain things, like medications (transdermal), it is not true that soaking in oils will absorb the calories.

Attachments

• SaltSoak_Chris.jpg
    SaltSoak_Chris.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
When you soak in oil during a nice bath, it doesn't work the same way as chowing down on a burger. The oils you use mainly get absorbed through your skin and don't add to your calorie count or make you fat.

But here's the scoop: using too much oil can leave you feeling all greasy, and that's no fun. Plus, it might bug your skin or cause some irritation. So, keep it in check, and don't go overboard with the oils.
Taking oily baths for relaxation or skincare isn't a big deal when it comes to your weight.
Have you tried making a salt soak instead? Keep in mind, this will pull toxins out of your system in a big way! Can be used as a scrub as well.

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
  • 8 oz Dead Sea Salt
  • 8 oz Epsom Salt
  • 2 oz Coconut Oil
  • 2 oz Jojoba Oil
  • 2 oz Sunflower Oil
  • 1 oz Apricot Seed Oil
  • 2 grams Dried Lavender Flowers
  • 2 mL Lavender EO (MB)
  • 1 mL Tea Tree EO (MRH)
  • 1mL Frankincense Carterii C02 (MB)
  • .5 mL Myrrh EO (MB)
  • .5 mL May Chang EO (RSB)
  • .5 mL Rosemary EO (RSB)
  • .5 mL Eucalyptus EO (MB)
Instructions:
  • Using a mortar and pestle, grind the Lavender flowers to a medium coarseness.
  • In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients.
  • Whip/mix until well blended.
  • Scoop into jars.
  • Use 1/4 to 1/2 cup in your bath. Rinse in shower and gently pat skin dry.

Pt 2. While it's true that the dermis can absorb certain things, like medications (transdermal), it is not true that soaking in oils will absorb the calories.
This member hasn't been here in a year, the post is 1 year old, so they probably won't see your quoted post to them.

This member hasn't been here in a year, the post is 1 year old, so they probably won't see your quoted post to them.

It may help someone else who has a similar question in the future. That's why I choose to respond to old threads as well with information which may not have been stated in responses from other members, even if 3 / 6 whatever number of years ago. It also helps revive threads which have died a quiet death & which may be relevant again.

It may help someone else who has a similar question in the future. That's why I choose to respond to old threads as well with information which may not have been stated in responses from other members, even if 3 / 6 whatever number of years ago. It also helps revive threads which have died a quiet death & which may be relevant again.
I understand, that's why the post is left there. I do it as a courtesy so the member who quoted their post doesn't expect an answer from them.

Back