When you’re out of color...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
51E671E6-0BE2-4F72-9832-328BB3246281.jpeg
you’re out of swirl. I told y’all I haven’t poured a slab in a long time.

Lol! That’s not what I thought this was about! But I’m very curious to see how the uncolored bars turn out.....there may be just enough of a swirl in the middle to create a unique effect!

Well, the whole purpose was to test drive my slab cutter. I have my typical soap recipe laminated. On the front is my 12-bar recipe. The back is my 6-bar, I looked at the wrong side to get my weights for color. At least I only screwed up the color and not the lye or water, YIKES! As it is, I think 3/4 of it will end up pretty nice.

34B8046A-34FC-4796-9900-0C1E51F2777A.jpeg
I I grew a little impatient and cut the slab a little wet, but the cutter worked like a charm! :dance:
We’re headed to TX wine country for some much-needed time away later this week, but I can’t wait to get home Saturday and make a “real” batch.

Now that I know it works, I plan to build the real deal out of PVC lumber.

When I saw your photo, before I read the text, I thought it was a really nice effect :)

Glad the cutter plan worked to .... um, plan! :D

What is pvc lumber? Is it like plastic decking?
(I've seen plastic decking here (but that's mostly recycled plastic), and acrylic and poly sheets but not PVC lumber - is that in timber-type sizes, or is it sheets too?)

When I saw your photo, before I read the text, I thought it was a really nice effect :)

Glad the cutter plan worked to .... um, plan! :D

What is pvc lumber? Is it like plastic decking?
(I've seen plastic decking here (but that's mostly recycled plastic), and acrylic and poly sheets but not PVC lumber - is that in timber-type sizes, or is it sheets too?)
Same stuff. Timber sizes.

Congratulations on your cutter. No experience with Crafter's Choice Matte Purple. I buy my micas elsewhere, sorry no help. Does it improve with age, or does it stay too brown throughout the life of the soap?

Nice!! I’m glad to know it works. What’s his/her name?

Can I make one using you plan??

Congratulations on your cutter. No experience with Crafter's Choice Matte Purple. I buy my micas elsewhere, sorry no help. Does it improve with age, or does it stay too brown throughout the life of the soap?
It doesn’t for me. Maybe I’m using the wrong amount. I do NOT combine it with TD. I think it’s just a bad product...unless you like brown. I haven’t tried it in a CPOP. Maybe that would help

Me too! That white with the swirls near the top is my favorite, then next the one beside it. But they're all pretty. Nice work, sir.
Nice!! I’m glad to know it works. What’s his/her name?

Can I make one using you plan??
Whose name???

Sure! That’s why I posted everything all along. I’m changing a few things to fit the standard lumber sizes or the plastic lumber and will post pdf’s w/dimensions when we get home from our Texas vacation...probably Saturday. Definitely by Sunday. When you break it into 3 parts: base, top and cutter arm, it’s actually pretty simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn’t for me. Maybe I’m using the wrong amount. I do NOT combine it with TD. I think it’s just a bad product...unless you like brown. I haven’t tried it in a CPOP. Maybe that would help

Whose name???

Sure! That’s why I posted everything all along. I’m changing a few things to fit the standard lumber sizes or the plastic lumber and will post pdf’s w/dimensions when we get home from our Texas vacation...probably Saturday. Definitely by Sunday. When you break it into 3 parts: base, top and cutter arm, it’s actually pretty simple.
The name of the cutter?

Back