When will my luck change

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya-m

Reaction score
You may recall I lost the job I loved back in March when the company went bust. I was lucky enough to find a job within days but I hated it. I stuck it out for a few months in case it was just new job issues.

I took the plunge though and found a new job. I've been here two months and really like it.

However we've been told today that our company is merging with 2 other companies in the group. Potentially this means redundancies as they won't need 3 of all roles.

So just as I find a job I like this happens. There's a chance it will be ok but I'm very worried. It's not like they will be losing lots of experience or knowledge if they let me go. And it won't cost them anything in redundancy either.

We're moving into our new house in 4 weeks too which is 43% increase in mortgage payments.

Really stressed and worried.

Don't worry about something you can't control. Do the things you can if it makes you feel better. (Ie, update your resume, rewrite a draft to have ready for LinkedIn, etc. ). Cross the bridge when you get to it. You have some warning that there might be a problem, that means you can prepare for it.

Good luck.

Ick, I know all about stress and worry, one thing I have found after having it hammered into my brain by some family I have is "always believe something great is going to happen, spend time thinking about what your perfect solution is and believe it is going to happen" it may not be in your personal timing preference but it will happen and all work out.

I'm sorry that you are going through all this stress but I whole heartedly second everything that Dorymae said. Nothing ever is the end of the world, things always work out. You just have to learn to stop stressing out and keep doing the best you can.

I know you're all right but it's just scary - especially with the new house commitment

Plus I've only just found myself happy in my job again

My cv is probably as upto date as can be as I've only been here 2 months so not much to add.

We have a meeting with our financial director tomorrow morning

Sending positive thoughts your way! Perhaps this will be a "blessing in disguise" when your next job turns out to be better than you could have imagined!

Latest posts

Back