When to package CP soap...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beebiz

Reaction score
I know I've read it somewhere. But, I can't remember where. I have done a bunch of reading in the last couple of weeks.

I know that once you have made your CP soap, it needs to cure for 3 or 4 weeks. Am I right that you need to let it cure before you package it?? I know that probably sounds like a dumb question! :oops: But, I am having one of those "senior moments" and just can't remember!! :)

Also, I know that with MP soap it is imperative to get an air tight seal to prevent the soap from sweating or drying out. Like what you would get with shrink wrap. Is the same true of CP soap?? Or can I use paper, material (yard goods), and the like to package it??

Thanks in advance for your input!!

Robert

cp once cured ( however long you do yours, seems everyone uses different lengths of time anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks or longer for castille).

it can be left naked, wrapped in paper, or semi- wrapped ( like just a paper cigar band or some shrink wrap. seems there are just as many options as there are soap making methods.
barb

Thank you for the information Barb! Like I said, I had read all of this somewhere. But, I couldn't remember where. And, I couldn't seem to find it.

These "senior moments" (what my mother calls them) or "brain farts" (what I call them) are a bit of a pain in the butt!! :evil:

Robert

Latest posts

Back