When this is all over, I'm gonna...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PieBorg

Reaction score
...march myself to my favorite Chinese buffet and gorge myself on raw oysters! For $10, I can eat my weight in raw oysters and all the other goodies on the buffet. What a deal, right?

So what is everyone else looking forward to doing once we're able to go and do?

Make soap! With both kiddos and my hubby at home I haven't made soap in what feels like forever!

I am also looking forward to travelling again. We used to take family trips every weekend. We would hop on a train and go for a mini-adventure. My hubby and I have been dreaming about our next travel destination. Before the pandemic we had plans to go to Barcelona, Budapest and Prague this year. Now we might settle for a weekend camping trip and beach combing.

Go see my parents. Other than that, my life has not been drastically different. I would occasionally work from home anyway, and I'm a homebody by heart, so this "lockdown" has actually been heaven for me. On my lunch breaks and time-outs from work, instead of wandering around trying to find someone to talk to (when I was at work) I can now go to my lab and plan my batches, get more laundry done during the week instead of shoving it all in for the weekend, etc., I've had more time to devote to candle testing,
TBH I'm actually going to be sad when the lockdown orders are lifted. (I know that makes me out of the norm from everyone else, but *shrug*)
And if we're being completely honest, I would love it even more if I weren't working from home and just had weeks and weeks of time in my house to get even more done around here.

Go home, I hope! I am still in Texas and really would like to go home again soon. Also I want to go see my first-born son in California. I just cannot go to California right now and it's really bothering me that I cannot go help my son in this time of crisis.

Before the pandemic, Hubby & I met in the middle a couple of times for a few days. The last time was actually during the pandemic, just after it was declared a pandemic and the schools started closing and travel restrictions were implemented by some of the states.

Because of my husband's exposure risk in his job and my susceptibility due to underlying conditions, and my son & DIL's concerns about my well-being, we all agreed I would stay on here a bit longer until the situation changes enough that it seems wise to return home.

In fact my son says he feels like having me here makes the household safer because as he puts it, who wouldn't want a nurse in residence if any of us were to get sick? Well, unless it was me, then he'd probably feel differently.

I will go back to my dance classes and go out to a restaurant to eat.

I will let my 3 yo daughter give her daycare friends big hug and then take her to the playground and to her favorite shop (Aldi :)).

Latest posts

Back