When life gives you soap crumbles......

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly B

Reaction score
.....Make soap dough! As anyone who saw my post from this morning, My soaping Catch-22, I had a crumbly mess on my hands. I was trimming and beveling the bars trying to salvage some, and one of the bars, the one that looked the worst, broke in half. I was going to rebatch it, but when I picked up the broken piece, despite being crumbly on the outside, it was pliable. So I spent some time kneading it all together, and was able tp press some into a couple silicone molds. (I thought of keeping the dough to do embeds, but I am just not that artsy).

I'm actually relatively pleased with these, given what a mess I started with. I was also able to trim some of the bars down to salvage them. I'll see if it's a total loss after it cures. I've never had soap behave this way, so I don't know what to expect. So we'll see.....

1630692482006.png

Nice save! I do that with my beveled scrappings when they are still soft. I knead and smoosh them together, press them in a square mooncake press and make soaps for myself.

That cat mold was super cute🙂

That was how I discovered soap dough as well (I had seen it online and heard about it but it went over my head as I was very new to soap making then), cleaning leftover soap from a messy project and realizing it was pliable. Glad you were able to salvage some of the bars!

Back