when is enough enough?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTAnton

Reaction score
Ok...with thanks to this forum I've learned about almost all the additives that can boost bubbles in the final product. As of late I'm using more and more coconut milk in my recipes , sometimes dissolving the lye in aloe juice and doing the ole 50/50 split., sometimes using 100% coconut milk. With that said, would it be overkill to add sugar and dissolve that in the aloe juice prior to the addition of the lye or are there sufficient sugars in the coconut milk to make adding more superfluous?

I use coconut milk and still add sugar ;) never enough bubbles. I use sugar with milks; buttermilk, goatmilk and whole milk
I freeze my mold (wood) for two hours before pouring and do not cover, no problems with overheating so far. I soap at 35C If I can get lower the better

I personally wouldn't add table sugar unless you're prepared to deal with more heat. But if you still have doubts, check the CM label -- sometimes there is sugar added which will make it even clearer.

The soap I made yesterday (2000 gram batch) had buttermilk and added sugar. For the batch size it wasn't a lot, proportionally. About 70-80 grams buttermilk; about 45 grams sugar. My recipe is not currently at my disposal as I sit in a fast food restaurant atm.

Anyway, I CPOPed the loaf and had no overheating whatsoever. I also had no Coconut Oil in the recipe, so that's a factor.

Latest posts

Back