When experimentation pays off

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Same technique as the Scooby Doo soap but on purpose this time. It's a bit short but that's because I am losing too much soap in the squirt bottles. I don't have enough piping bags for all the colors. Still, it gives a good effect!
Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 9.23.58 AM.png

Lovely newbie!
I’ve seen some youtubers line their squeeze bottles with plastic and in the end take the plastic bag out and strip out the remaining batter from the bag. Might be worth a try even though it sounds messy they seemed to manage it cleanly.

Your technique is so interesting. Does the charcoal get "absorbed" into the soap? Do you think there's enough in the soap that the suds will be dark colored? It is a really beautiful technique. I could see you working with it for endless variations.

Honestly, my first thought was a pillow with a pillowcase showing the mountain up which one walks by a well-groomed path to one's Higher Self Sanctuary (a la Dick Sutphen - Mind Travel).

I have to wait for it to be fully hard to see how much Ac comes off in a regular wash. Right now, it does discolor the suds but there is a lot on the surface coming off so I can't tell how it will go. It does hold together. I'll see if I can make a video; it will be tricky to figure out how to show it well. My larger squirt bottles kept blowing the lids off because they don't screw on that well but the small ones held or I'll need to get good piping bags. I'll see what I can drum up.

No one got a bar of fishnet soap. Apparently the person who posted it removed it so I don't know if it was ever sold or not.

The air pillows that come with shipments fit a squeeze bottle well. There is still some batter that clings to the bag. I make a bit of extra batter and squish the leftovers into a cavity mold.

Thank you!

I just ordered some piping bags, so perhaps a video will be in the works! I like the idea of the air bags as liners, a lot. I don't know how to get around the problem of the squeeze bottle having to take in air every time you squeeze some out of it. It will come in through the nozzle/tip and go into the bag though and once soap is thicker, that is a royal pain.

Omg @newbie , that's an amazing new technique you invented right there! Can this please be one of the next challenges? ;)

@Martha, here's the lather. It might be very slightly tinged but not enough to really notice. I did have to give the exterior a very good rinse first. The Scooby Doo soap lather is definitely charcoal-tinged but considering it was my first go, I'm okay with that.

I'm not certain what you mean by absorbed into the soap. It doesn't bleed into the colors it surrounds, which is what I think you mean. It stays as an outline. It's thinner than how people generally do a mica line which is why the soap can stay together with so much outlining in there. It is a very messy process, that is for certain.

We are just setting up the challenge rotation so we will have to see. I can simply post a video without it being challenge and then people can try it at their leisure.

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 5.11.58 PM.png

Back