When are you introducing your fall/winter soaps to the public?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on where you are selling. Since you say this will be your first year you may want to create a business FB page to start creating traction. Same with a website - It will take people some time to find you. Have you done your homework in finding fairs/fall, Christmas shows near you?

Just curious, do you have a business plan? Where do you want to sell? Do you have all of your COGS worked out so you can anticipate affordable booth fees to make a profit? Do you have insurance? - Most sponsors of fairs have insurance minimums for their vendors.

Hopefully you are working on you fall collection now to ensure a nice cure.

Thanks for that great response Cindy2428. Right now I am Etsy only. I have received 2 invitations to sell locally at markets and fairs but I am not ready yet. I am still trying to get used to the demand on Etsy, along with wholesale orders. I actually have made many fall soaps and I am now working on Christmas/holiday soaps. And you are right - I will post some sneak peeks on FB to generate interest. :)

I am slowly entering the wholesale market myself. I am developing a catalogue to introduce different lines - Keeps me in check while giving my customers options. Since it's just me I had to narrow it down to 3 lines of soap that I can now make consistently.

Next will be to add complementary products. Love this never ending journey!

When I used to sell online, I'd introduce the fall scents just after Labor Day and the winter/Christmas ones in early November.

However, I kept them up all year and remember being so happy to sell Pumpkin Harvest in June because I love that aroma! :)

Your wholesale soaps need to be offered much sooner then your retail soaps. Offer your wholesale products to retailers a season ahead so they have time to buy the product, create their packaging and come up with a marketing plan. For retail sales I would start offering fall products mid August.

Back