Wheatgrass Rosemary Dirt Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score
Wheatgrass drink was really trending here a while ago as a health/weight loss drink. I'm never really into trends but I did grew some wheat grass in my kitchen just for fun. Then I read you could use wheatgrass as soap colorant so I figured I could try that. It would really fit for a earthy "dirt" soap.
20200203113636.jpg

My wheatgrass mess lol.

I was aiming for a fresh grass& dirt layered design with brown in the bottom, white in the middle and green on top. Unfortunately mixing the brown layer took me too long and the white layer is too thick to pour, had to spoon it, so it ended up a messy swirl.
IMG-8655.jpg

The brown layer was with plain ice, cocoa powder, and walnut shell powder for exfoliation.
The green layer was with wheatgrass juice ice, wheatgrass powder, and some liquid green colorants as I know plant colorants tend to fade over time.
Scent was rosemary, lemongrass, and patchouli eo. I was going to use rosemary fo but it really doesn't have the herb-y bite to it.
IMG-8662.jpg

Latest posts

Back