What's your next soap experiment?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at the soap trimmings I had leftover after preparing my soap for sale and thought how much the trimmings look like toasted coconut. I am thinking about making my goat milk soap with coconut FO and crumble the darker trimmings on top to resemble toasted coconut. Weird idea?

I love that idea!!! you will def have to post pics when done

Thanks Sunflower.. can't wait to try it.
Kazmi - I'm a newbie and did 100% GM last week.. turned out to be very easy, much more than I thought. I actually had trouble getting my temp to go up so had to let it sit out to warm. LOL I used frozen GM in small cubes and did 1/4 at time with 1/4 lye and also had my pyrex glass (IMO glass gets coldest) in a ice water bath. Simple simple.. took about 5-7 min. of stirring and all the lye was mixed in. Mixed oils at 70 and 76 for lye.. poured to containers at 76 degrees. :)
With the pyrex I also liked that I could be reassured of it all melted by letting the lye solution sit and then look under the glass to see for sediment lye. GL.. I LOVE mine already and know it will be a fav.

Glad it came out for you! keep your fingers crossed that I'm lucky and the soap gremlins don't come back for another visit to me.

I made salt bars and can't keep my hands off my tester bar. It hasn't even cured yet but I can't help myself.

I also started using coconut almond milk instead of coconut milk. I'm liking it so far. It tastes better too-- the milk that is not the soap. LOL

I love the salt bars that I just made but gonna make another batch just to see if I can get them to come out better this time since the first batch is not so pretty :(

Haven't tried coconut almond milk yet. We only use plain, unsweetened almond milk around here and was thinking about using that as a liquid for a batch of soap. Maybe I should try the coconut one for drinking and, of course, soaping!

Beer soap warning-Volcano possible

I'm going to do a beer soap next. I've had my beer open and it's now good and flat. Tomorrow is probably going to be the day! Not sure of what fragrance to use in this one.

I have to tell you, beer soap can volcano and smoke if you do not use an ice bath, I just had one with my homebrew (very potent stuff!) :evil:. Luckily I was in the basement with the lye container sitting in a large tub and Vinegar handy. I lost a lot of beer/water/lye but added more water and the beer salt bars came out great, luckily! Now the question is how to dispose of the waste?

A winemaker friend told me the heat is caused more by the alcohol content than bubbles in beer, but it still needs to be totally flat and chilled, even slushy. Always be prepared for the worst.

I mix water with the beer to dilute it, about 50/50.

A fantastic unisex fragrance in beer soap or shampoo bars is Bayberry. Everyone loves it so far! :)

Last edited:
Almond milk soap

I love the salt bars that I just made but gonna make another batch just to see if I can get them to come out better this time since the first batch is not so pretty :(

Haven't tried coconut almond milk yet. We only use plain, unsweetened almond milk around here and was thinking about using that as a liquid for a batch of soap. Maybe I should try the coconut one for drinking and, of course, soaping!

Did you use Silk (or one of those in the carton) Almond milk, or has anyone ever used it? Your idea for Coconut Almond milk sounds great. I made some Pina Colada shampoo bars/soap and ground up dried coconut, added at trace. It came out the way I was hoping for as a light exfoliant. Love it! :)

PINA COLADA SHAMPOO BARS 2.336.308.JPG

^^ nice soap Sunfloweracres! We drink the Silk almond milk in my house but haven't tried it in soap yet. I think I'm going to try the Coconut almond milk first though.

Latest posts

Back