What's up for Valentine's?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainycityjen

Reaction score
A little less than 8 weeks until Valentine's day! I'm thinking hard about what I want to do. Already ordered some of my favorite florals (NDA gardenia, Aztec Romance dupe, NDA midnight jasmine). But I also want to do something a little different. Not heart-themed or red or pink. Also not chocolate, strawberry, or cherry, or Love Spell or Lick Me All Over. Something a little different... I saw Future Primitives soap release a "Jilted and Crushed" soap for singletons and I thought that was super cute.

What are your ideas for fun 2016 winter/spring holiday soaps? Promise I won't copy.

I made my first batch of Valentine's soap yesterday.

Silk and Cream by Ev Skae, on Flickr

I decided to be somewhat decadent with my oils just cuz. I even added a little bit of heavy whipping cream and silk protein and scented it with ylang ylang and lemongrass.

It was supposed to be a swirl of some kind but I forgot to make and use dividers so it ended up being slightly swirled layers.

Mmmm ylang ylang and lemongrass.

Oh PS not throwing shade at any traditional Valentine's soaps, just excited by creative interpretations.

This will be the first Valentine since I got seriously into soap making. I'm trying to come up with ideas, too. Any ideas. I'm not into what I call frou frou soaps. I don't mind swirls and some colour but I prefer to keep the soap simple and the ingredients practical (usually).

I'd also like to come up with a Valentine's beer soap, whether male or female oriented. The brewery that's been selling my soap is wanting more again and I'm out until January (if I'd known it would be this popular, I'd have made a LOT more!). If I can make one that has something Valentine's related, I'm sure we can keep the momentum going.

"A loaf of bread, a jug of wine, and thou." Omar Khayyam
IDK if there is a good bread FO out there, but you could do a wine FO. Maybe a cinnamon bread with a nice bakery, yeasty note?

Latest posts

Back