What's the most outrageous soap you've ever made?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperi27

Reaction score
I'm trying to think of an answer to my own question?? LOL Ok well another soaper sent me her bad batch to rebatch. She tried to make a soap with organic green juice I forgot the name. Anyway she didn't like it and well it just didnt even remotely look like soap. So I get her package and rebatch it. Well it didn't even get like applesauce or anything just hard and clumpy. I decided to put it into the mold anyway. Within 10 minutes it was completely hard and smelled terrible!! I didn't take pictures cause it resembled something else brown!! EEEEEEWWWWWWW! LOL That is my outrageous story. Who's next.....

I tried to make a chocolate milk soap.

You know.. with real chocolate milk in replacement of fluid. LOL

Well, it came out stinky, hard, with weird clumbs.. it was horrible. I didnt even try to rebatch it. It wouldnt have been worth it LOL

Years ago I made a soap with soy milk since my favorite is to make goats milk soaps. That darn thing came to life and exploded and looked like someone vomited all over the place. The smell was just horrible too. It was so traumatizing that I have yet to attempt another soy milks since. lol :roll: :lol: lol

CPSoaper said:
Years ago I made a soap with soy milk since my favorite is to make goats milk soaps. That darn thing came to life and exploded and looked like someone vomited all over the place. The smell was just horrible too. It was so traumatizing that I have yet to attempt another soy milks since. lol :roll: :lol: lol

LMAO!! I'm sorry but thats funny.

smellitlikeitis said:
I tried to make a chocolate milk soap.

You know.. with real chocolate milk in replacement of fluid. LOL

Well, it came out stinky, hard, with weird clumbs.. it was horrible. I didnt even try to rebatch it. It wouldnt have been worth it LOL

Chocolate Milk!! That is a first!

Were you using beet juice for color? I've heard some people use that in cp but not sure about the results.

Let's just say it ended up a very ugly brown and the smell wasn't something you would want to have in your bathroom or kitchen.

Irena

soap disaster

Hi,one of the first batches of soap I made, my hubby calls lumberjack
soap,I didn't have alot of eo's at the time so I used Cedarwood and
sage trying to make a woodsy scent.Needless to say it smelled like
somebody that had been lost in the woods for a month with no soap!
Dont mix these two unless you like the smell of B.O. !!!
Dana

soapbuddy said:
Let's just say it ended up a very ugly brown and the smell wasn't something you would want to have in your bathroom or kitchen.

Irena

I was just reading last night that many people use beet powder (or beet juice in your case) hoping for a nice red or purple color......... but BROWN is what you'll always get with beets!

I take my soaps to the local Farmer's Markets. They have a little custom where people's names are drawn for a small door prize, provided by the vendors. OK, so this guy shows up at my table and announces that he won something from my table. I tell him to pick a bar, any bar... he looks skeptical and says that it is probably all for women, did I have anything for a man? Hmmm... manly soap. I had just the thing! I called it Northwoods Camp, and I used coffee as the liquid, and added coffee grinds as an exfoliant. It was scented with pine, fir, and spruce EO's, and I stamped it with a spruce tree. I thought it was BEAUTIFUL! So I WAS a little heavy-handed on the EO's, and it was a bit turpentine-y. I figured the scent would fade with age and turn mellow.... My customer loved it, said it WAS manly. Walked away happily sniffing his soap and saying, "Ah! Just like horse linament!"

The first time I ever tried to use goat's milk, I burned the goat's milk with the lye, didn't have enough sense to know that's what had happened, soaped it anyways, added some oatmeal & honey & made the whole house smell like ammonia & fish. It was horrible!!! Don't know where the fish smell came from, but everyone that walked through the door asked me if I was frying fish or shrimp. :roll:

Second worst soap was a sandalwood. Since I am extremely adventurous, I decided that a sandalwood soap with chamomile leaves would be something new to try. Um...just don't do it. Even my soon to be brother in law, who loves sandalwood, asked me Kitten Love??? It vaguely smells of sandalwood, but mostly like deer urine. Again, not sure why as the sandalwood smelled great OOB.

My Africans Best Herbal Oil soap that I made using said brand name mixture of oils and Butter Flavored Crisco. Turned out to be an awesome batch of soap. Just talkin" about this on another thread. :wink:

Back