What's the most outrageous soap you've ever made?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CPSoaper said:
Years ago I made a soap with soy milk since my favorite is to make goats milk soaps. That darn thing came to life and exploded and looked like someone vomited all over the place. The smell was just horrible too. It was so traumatizing that I have yet to attempt another soy milks since. lol :roll: :lol: lol

Oh, I'm so glad I came across this post. I am new to making soap. I'm a vegetarian and not big on using animal milks so my first thought was I wonder if I can replace the goats milk with soy. After reading this I don't think I'll try it!

Jola said:
CPSoaper said:
Years ago I made a soap with soy milk since my favorite is to make goats milk soaps. That darn thing came to life and exploded and looked like someone vomited all over the place. The smell was just horrible too. It was so traumatizing that I have yet to attempt another soy milks since. lol :roll: :lol: lol

Oh, I'm so glad I came across this post. I am new to making soap. I'm a vegetarian and not big on using animal milks so my first thought was I wonder if I can replace the goats milk with soy. After reading this I don't think I'll try it!

I dunno, googling information seems to suggest that soymilk is a good vegetarian/vegan milk replacement. I'd eventually want to use it in soap making (gotta learn how first!).

I've used Powdered Soy Milk and it made a wonderful bar of soap......I have to admit that those posts made me giggle....okay maybe laughed out loud at one or two.... :p :p :p

Lindy said:
I've used Powdered Soy Milk and it made a wonderful bar of soap......I have to admit that those posts made me giggle....okay maybe laughed out loud at one or two.... :p :p :p

Ok, good to know. I will give it a try eventually. Thanks for the info

Not as planned

Ahh yes.Before I knew about having vinegar on hand to nuetralize I used a gloriuosly full bottle of Ribena for my liquid.
My visions of a deep black red rose soap erupted into brown stinking volacanic mayhem.
My floor will never be the same but at least it didn't eat through it as I was thinking it was going to.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

4.gif

OMG Mary - how awful for you!

When I was working out what was being saponified in making soap from the biodiesel glycerin byproduct I was informed that it was likely biodiesel locked into an emulsion with the glycerin.

Somewhat skeptical about esters making soap I just had to find out.

So I took some biodiesel (the ester, methyl ester) and used a SAP number for the soft oil that made the biodiesel. I figured it was still the same fatty acid in the end.

Anyway... My most outrageous soap was made with biodiesel. It saponified easily and cleaned really well.

I am bringing this up once again for this post, but I have just had enough of underscented, under coloured soap.
Soooooo, I went the other way, and over scented, over coloured and well, that's all it needed.
It's basic overkill, you can make bad soap by underscenting and colouring, and vice-versa...who knew????
The end result though through out it all is usable soap.
Not always nice but servicable.

Jeremy said:
I am bringing this up once again for this post, but I have just had enough of underscented, under coloured soap.
Soooooo, I went the other way, and over scented, over coloured and well, that's all it needed.
It's basic overkill, you can make bad soap by underscenting and colouring, and vice-versa...who knew????
The end result though through out it all is usable soap.
Not always nice but servicable.

Lush made a very sucessful buisness out of overscented chunks - and I am not sure if I agree with their colours either.....

Latest posts

Back