What's the difference?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca

Reaction score
I see some places pricing their essential oils as low as a few dollars and other places price the same oil for $40 or more. Is there a difference in the two? Is it one of those "you get what you pay for" deals or are some places just overpricing their oils? If there is a difference, how do I know I'm buying a quality oil and not just an opverpriced one?

I think you get what you pay for with oils. The cheaper ones likely aren't pure essential oils - likely diluted. I think there is some difference with the way they are produced as well.

100% pure oils cost more. If you find oils that are all priced the same and they are all cheap, they are most likely not pure oils.

even though some state they are 100% pure they may have a high number of impurities in them, as others have said you get what you pay for.

Hi, I'm not mai, but can I recommend a few really good brands? Some are Aura Cacia, I believe there are more than a few people here that use it! And Rainbow Meadows, www.rainbowmeadow.com. They are 100 percent pure, and the only dilutions they have are the really expensive ones. Their prices are good for being qaulity product!

The price of the essential oil will tell how pure it is. The pricier the essential oil is usually the lesser are the impurities added to it.

brylle said:
The price of the essential oil will tell how pure it is. The pricier the essential oil is usually the lesser are the impurities added to it.

I beg to differ. A well know MLM company has ridiculous prices on their essential oils and they are just about the same quality I get at other places.

Irena

Latest posts

Back