What's the difference between these neem oils?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am the odd one that happens to like the smell of aged neem soap. It is strong in the beginning but just very earthy. I make a pine tar and neem soap which is nice. Nothing will really cover the scent of neem, but lavender, tea tree, and rosemary marry well with it. Go light on the tea tree with neem since both are very strong scents on their own

TY all for the input. I've never used it and want to be sure I'm not making any mistakes unknowingly :)

You were right, neem oil is stinky for sure LOL. It's kinda a cross between garlicky oniony stinkiness and old wet forest stinkiness. But for all its stink, the smell doesn't linger long, cleans away easily, and is very easily masked by another scent. It's stinkiness is worth it if it is going to help my skin though, and believe me, one soak and it's helped, which shocked the heck outta me.

I only used 2 teaspoons in a full tub of hot water and soaked for about thirty minutes, then showered as usual without using any soap the effected areas. There is a residual feel of oil on those areas, but the smell has dissipated and I can only smell it if I get right on top of it and sniff. I figure tomorrow's shower will remove what's left of that.

But, stink or it, my skin is nowhere as itchy or burny as it normally is, and the redness is reduced quite a bit. So if this works, which I won't know until I've done it a few nights in a row I suspect, then I may have found a solution for dealing with this major outbreak. Thank goodness.

Now I'm going to create a neem oil soap recipe, because you can bet your bippy that I'm gonna be using this soap if it keeps my eczema and skin flair ups at a minimum.
Who knew something that stinks so much could be so effective?

G - I fear no vampires tonight, they'll take one sniff and run for the hills LOL

Back