Whats on your "to make" list?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeysuds

Reaction score
I swear I have enough soap to last my lifetime (been doing this almost 10 years now!), and possibly enough to leave to my children after I pass :oops: Still I MUST MAKE MORE!!! I have recently made an egg yolk soap which is super nice, sea salt bar, castile HP, first time for those 3. My next "to make" list so far consists of:

-Chai spice with coconut milk (have a smidge of cardamom plus other essential oils that go into the actual Chai drink so this should smell delicious!)

-Oatmeal, milk, and honey (have made this before but will be doing HP this time and using home made oat flour instead of oatmeal so should be ALOT smoother)

-PB&J (plan to use real PB with grape jelly fragrance oil)

-Pink Himalayan salt bar with Satsuma fragrance oil (will be my 2nd salt bar, but my first time using Himalayan salt. I think it will look Purdy lol)

I would also like to make a banana soap but we eat bananas faster than I can get to them :razz: So...whats on your list!?

Oh my goodness!!! A couple of weeks ago I was thinking of a pb & J soap......I wonder how it would be with a tablespoon of peanut butter ppo and a tablespoon of jam ppo..........

My wish list is LONG!

Some I have listed here are....

1. Snow Day (I live in the south, and it snowed. Of course I collected, sanitized and filtered some to make soap with)
2. Quilted (I have some great soap that have some flaws that can be trimmed. But then they would look weird. So cutting them and using them as embeds in a new batch.)
3. Cat Fishing (a mainly lard based soap with a SF of bacon drippings. Experiment for my husband to use when fishing for catfish. Oh, and maybe Anise EO in part of the batch so he can see if one works better than the other. I don't even really like to eat catfish :think:)
4. Vanilla Latte (new FOs I want to blend to make this one and maybe do some piping on top)
5. Strawberry Jam (If I only had some strawberry jam leftover from my stash of homemade jams! New FO that smells delicious!)
6. Persimmon!!! (from local persimmons that we were gifted. I am really curious how that would affect lather)

There are always more. Always.

1. Another Pink Himalayan Salt Bar (sold out.)
2. More Banana soap
3. Oatmeal and Honey G.M. Soap
4. Experiment with embeds
5. Experiment with infusions
So many things to make and so little time to make it.

Today was a snow day, so I knocked out a batch for a friend with a coconut allergy. It's a HP citrus soap that I love! Then, some other friends are clamoring for more of an unscented oatmeal & honey soap. After that, I want to experiment with piping. But who knows what will happen between now and then!

Shampoo bars are on the list. There are too many others to list, lol.

I'm thinking of making a salt bar, as I keep hearing a lot about them. I'm still very new to this and right now doing the easier bath goodies, like sugar scrub cubes and body butters. Slowly working my way up!

Oooo..chai..just today I thought about making a chai scented soap. I make chai lattes a lot at work. Yum. Your idea of a coconut milk chai soap is great! PB & J sounds awesome, too. Huh, I think I might be a sucker for food- and drink-themed soaps.

Myself? I'm pretty new at soap making. New things intimidate me, but I want to try them anyway. Here are some of my top "must try" soaps:

1. Hot process hemp milk soap superfatted with hemp oil, something very gentle for my BF's sensitive skin. I haven't done HP yet.

2. A patchouli-scented laundry soap. I love the Zum version, but it is waaay too expensive for me, so I wanna make my own.

3. Novelty 3-D shaped soap, like, of a rabbit; may need to be M&P...?

4. A salt bar for after a run. Like dissolves like, so a salt bar should be great on salty sweat.

UPDATE: Today I made a 1-lb batch of HP, superfatted with hemp oil. I didn't find any pure hemp milk at the store, so I decided to forgo the milk. I think it turned out great! Here is a link to the pictures: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?p=395158

Last edited:
I am going to try beer soap. The Handmade E Magazine just came out with what looks like a good recipe. I think I will sub another oil for the sunflower oil.

Lots of great ideas.:thumbup: I actually had to Google PB&J. :oops:
I want to make some OMH soap with actual oatmeal. I made some before and love them during winter. It's only 2-3 months until cold weather which means I have to make some soon. ;)
More HP soap, I made few batches recently and they are different to CP but in a good way, I like them.

Other than restocking existing soaps, I also want to try -

Salt bar
Bay Rum soap
Gluwein (mulled wine) soap
Coconut milk
GMH

Also looking to try making lotions and things to go beyond the moisturising bars that I make at the mo.

Just need to make sure I have enough time on some weekends, though!

Other than restocking existing soaps, I also want to try -

Salt bar
Bay Rum soap
Gluwein (mulled wine) soap
Coconut milk
GMH

Also looking to try making lotions and things to go beyond the moisturising bars that I make at the mo.

Just need to make sure I have enough time on some weekends, though!

Bay rum is my absolute favorite men's scent! Especially for such an efficacious gentleman as yourself!

I could NEVER use persimmon in a soap...I LOVE to EAT them way too much, they are such a rare treat as it is.

What, if any, benefits or differences do wine make in finished soap?

My list got longer last night:
Lemon Poppy seed muffin (planning to use litsea cubeba since it has that yummy lemon drops candy kind of scent)
Tomato soup (tomato puree & milk-for the hubs, its his favorite comfort food)
Café latte
Carrot cake (carrot puree, spices, ground oatmeal)
Banana Split (strawberry & banana puree, cocoa powder, and something vanilla???)
Banana cream pie (banana puree, cream, oat flour)

I would also like to do a cream & fruit series, peaches & cream, strawberries & cream, blueberries & cream.

I realize foods in soap in controversial to some, but I like to push myself and try new things. I keep my batches at about 18 ounces so enough to keep some and give some. Also, if I EVER start selling (after 10 years, a girl can still dream, right?) I figure its better to have the experience and know how now, plus feed back from friends/family on different add-ins rather than going to market and not be able to answer questions about certain soaps.

oh wow! top 5....hrmmmmm

1. beer soap. i have some stale beer in the freezer, not nearly enough for a batch right now. it glares at me every time i open the fridge
2. breast milk soap i've been promising my friend (her milk for her baby).
3. aloe and cucumber soap - not sure what to scent it with (EOs only), so any suggestions welcomed!
4. OHM series tied into yogic philosophy (for those of you who sell, i think this idea would be great sellers in yoga studios)
5. tiger stripe and more swirls - gotta get technique down now that i have a recipe that moves slowly!

we have so many bananas right now. i don't know what to do with it all. i've tried it in soap already, but just as an additive. you think i could replace some liquid with banana?

I would like to make pine tar soap, aloe soap, improve on MP, soaps with exfoliants (got pumice and loofah bits), pureed veggie soap recipes...lots of stuff. Not a whole lot of time though. :(

Back