What's Left with Soapmaking Friend?

Discussion in 'SoapmakingFriend.com Support Forum' started by Admin, May 6, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 27, 2019 #141

earlene

earlene

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper Lifetime Supporter

List of ingredients as they appear on the My Recipes page:

They are currently listed in alphabetical order. I think it would be better if listed in order of percentage in the recipe. This would be a very good place to pull the ingredients list from for inclusion on the soap label, unless you have another suggestion as to where that would be drawn from.

2. May 27, 2019 #142

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

can you please try using the copy button again without any workarounds and tell me what you find ?

3. May 27, 2019 #143

DigitalEnigma

DigitalEnigma

DigitalEnigma

Sorry, I just noticed this question.

I have just used the calculator again and this time I am not able to duplicate the rounding off of my oil totals although I was able to do this numerous times a few weeks ago. In any case, I have uploaded a file so you can see which numerals were getting rounded off.

soap calc.JPG

4. May 27, 2019 #144

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

Thank you for your feedback , this was fixed a while ago

5. May 27, 2019 #145

earlene

earlene

earlene

From which screen? I know it's working from the Recipe itself as long as I do those other steps I mentioned above.

However, when I save it without first renaming it, I get a message that says I already have a recipe by that name and gives me the option to rename the recipe. If I don't rename the recipe, but click on the current name, it says it is saving, but no new copy is listed in my list of recipes, so am not sure what it is saving (changes? which should be update and not a copy at all). So in that respect, it's NOT making a copy. IF it was the copy would show up in the list and the original would remain unchanged.

From the My Batches screen, the copy button is non-functional. (Edit is also non-functional.)
    If I open a Batch listed on My Batches, the copy button on that batch is also non-functional. (Edit is also non-functional.)

6. May 27, 2019 #146

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

Copy recipe is assumed to be used when viewing a recipe from recipe database ..I don't understand the use case here .. why you want to copy a recipe that already exists at your recipes ? ( you can still do this BTW by loading the recipe .. editing it and choosing "save new" in this case )

7. May 28, 2019 #147

Chispa

Chispa

Chispa

Is there a way to share a recipe link? Also it appears to crash when I use the search function to search the recipe database for recipes with a particular oil.

8. May 28, 2019 #148

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

Share recipe via social media sites ? we can add this
    recipe search for oils fixed .. thank you for reporting this

9. May 28, 2019 #149

earlene

earlene

earlene

Use case, as mentioned previously: Sometimes I want to use all the same ingredients but make some slight adjustment to percentage OR add some other ingredients not in the original recipe. It's just easier to copy the existing recipe and then edit than it is to start from scratch to create the recipe all over again. It takes less time.

Regarding Load and Save New. I also found that to work now, too, but when I started addressing this that wasn't working either, so I was trying to find a way to do it. It's okay that there are two ways to do it.

Thank you for fixing it.

10. May 28, 2019 #150

kaysejean

kaysejean

kaysejean

Is it possible to edit batch notes after the fact? I made an error and so it shows that I wasted 1000g of batter, I misunderstood how the groups worked. I see there is an edit button, but it is grayed out.

Thanks and this is super awesome btw.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  11. May 29, 2019 #151

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

edit batch is under development .. it will be available soon

12. May 31, 2019 #152

earlene

earlene

earlene

Thank you for the latest updates to the software. I am liking it better and better as you go along!

I would like it if when updating a recipe it didn't automatically fill in today's date in the Recipe Date, though. All I am doing is updating a recipe I already created or made the soap from that recipe on the previous date. Having to go back in and change the date to the correct date is bound to mess me up. If I want to add a picture to it or a note on anything about the resulting soap, the original date the recipe/soap was made should not change, IMO.

ETA: I would also like to see the Fragrances on the ingredients list here:

Ingredients list.JPG

In some cases, more than just "Fragrance" needs to be listed, so putting them all in in the ingredients list would be beneficial. But at least frangrance should be on the list of ingredients when it is used (as an FO or as an EO.)

Some cases of when specific fragrances should be listed are related to known allergens, some fragrances that are contraindicated for pregnant women, or children, that sort of thing.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  13. May 31, 2019 #153

earlene

earlene

earlene

I would also like to be able to delete recipes. I have a clutter of recipes from testing for software testing and I'd really like to get rid them.

I tried Clear Recipe, in edit, but all that does is empty the data and the recipe name still exists on My Recipes. So it's just clutter.

Edit:

I would also like to have a search box within the recipe list to search for recipes by name, wherein I could enter at least one character and the recipes starting with that letter would start to populate. The more letters entered in search, the easier to find what I am looking for. For me, I prefer to find My Recipes by name, but it might also be nice to be able to find recipes by ingredient as well, but that may be rather complex and I am not sure how often people need to look for recipes by ingredient.

14. May 31, 2019 #154

earlene

earlene

earlene

Now I can't edit my recipes anymore. I was in the process of updating with photos and details for the ones I have those for, and re-naming the Testing Ones I want to delete, so I can ID them better when browsing through the list. But being able to update became intermittent. Now the Update button doesn't even appear when I am in edit mode, and of course without that, nothing can be updated.

I assume this is temporary, while you work on something. I will try to be patient and do something else. Thank you.

Edit: spelling correction.

Plus I can update again, but now it is making copies, and not just updating. Making even more clutter in my list of Recipes. Well, that's weird it was doing that, and now it's not. But I do have at least 3 extra recipes that are copies of the updates. Strange that this is happening so intermittently. And now it happened again. Yes, I guess it is intermittent!

Here's a recipe I updated just now (originally created on May 27; it now says I just created it as new):
    Update is Copying recipes_004.JPG

Here is the orginal recipe created on May 27, with the original name a few pages later in MyRecipes:
    Update is Copying recipes_003.JPG

15. Jun 3, 2019 #155

McLasz

McLasz

McLasz

How do you delete recipes from the my recipes section?

16. Jun 3, 2019 #156

McLasz

McLasz

McLasz

HI-
    I guess I want to copy all of the data I have in SM3- such as recipes, stock ingredients, molds, other things that I have purchased like equipment- also SM3 lets you save other recipes besides soap- I am still using SM3 because of that feature- I have a lot of other ingredients that aren't used for soap but for other body recipes- I can store everything in SM3. Will this be limited to soap only?

earlene likes this.
  17. Jun 5, 2019 #157

earlene

earlene

earlene

Please add:

1. Searchable Custom additives - I'd like to enter a letter and the list jump to additives, rather than having to scroll all the way to the bottom, for example.
    2. Under selected custom additives, make the default grams or give me the opportunity to choose defaults in my profile
    3. Allow me to set soap process in new Recipes - it is available in batch, but I'd like to see it here.
    4. When copying a recipe, repopulate everything, including all the measure (gram, etc) & selections I made for custom additives. Right now those are not re-populated.
    5. FIX the disappearing Fragrances when using Update. Right now they disappear every time I choose to update a recipe. I have to re-enter Fragrances every single time I go in to add a photo, or make a note of how the recipe cures, etc.
    6. Make visible on MyRecipes page which recipes are public/not public - right now the only way I can see that without going into Edit (which loses data as mentioned above) or to search the Recipe Database

18. Jun 7, 2019 #158

earlene

earlene

earlene

7. On My Recipes, show more recipes per page than the current 4. - At least double that. (Or allow the user to set the number per page when you work on the user settings.)

19. Jun 7, 2019 #159

lshone

lshone

lshone

Lifetime Supporter

When I load a recipe that was saved with the "Percentages" option selected, all the weights are zeroed out only the percent values are present. Changing to "Grams" zeros out all the weights (both % and Grams).

If I load a recipe that was saved with the "Grams" option, both percent and Grams are shown but if I change from Grams to Percentage both the Gram values and Percentage values get zeroed out.

INS values in the recipe database appear to be incorrect. Most appear to be 127, but there are a few other values as well. A recipe that I added with a 148 INS value shows up in the recipe database with a value of 127.

cherrybleach likes this.
  20. Jun 15, 2019 #160

LadySarah370

LadySarah370

LadySarah370

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.