What's Left with Soapmaking Friend?

Discussion in 'SoapmakingFriend.com Support Forum' started by Admin, May 6, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 14, 2019 #121

Bobbiil

Bobbiil

Bobbiil

I have not read all the other replies, but I would like to know how to add different "butters". Like the hempseed butter, or aloe butter etc.. from WSP. But all in all, seems pretty great to me.

2. May 14, 2019 #122

cmzaha

cmzaha

cmzaha

Supporting Member

My recipes still are not loading:( and I cannot change the privacy on one of my recipes since I cannot open it. I do not like sharing my recipes sorry unless I choose to and sometimes I forget it defaults to not private.

Wish Private would be the default

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Serene likes this.
  3. May 14, 2019 #123

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

sorry for this trouble .. you can load your recipes correctly now .
    we will be moving the checkbox of public/private to a clear location at the top

4. May 15, 2019 #124

Dawni

Dawni

Dawni

Yep, it's working now, thanks

5. May 16, 2019 #125

GHSAshley

GHSAshley

GHSAshley

So far, I enjoy it quite a lot; it is a lot more complete than the app on my phone I was using. I like that it tells me the properties of my soap based on the stats of the ingredients. For my part, I would like to see an addition of colorants and such in the additives; several of my recipes involve specific measures of pigment as well as fragrance, and the latter already has a space for it thankfully.

On a side-note, what are the chances of it being converted into a mobile app? I find it easier to have another application open than add another open browser tab to my collection.

6. May 17, 2019 #126

sherrig

sherrig

sherrig

I love it. Use it often. I have to thank you for your time and dedication to making my life so much easier. I live in wine country and use a variety of liquids in my soaps, just about everything but water. From craft beers to the local fruit juices. I would love to know what they bring to the table as I design a recipe. Is this possible? Like how much bubbles a tsp of sugar/honey/agave adds. How much Sf is in a 1/2c of goat/cow/buffalo milk, or how much hardness does either vinegar/salt bring to the table? I get the variables in wine would not be feasible, but the additives like sugar would be nice to know how much the bubbles get bumped up. Again.. You rock and THANK you for your time in this endeavour. :D

FYI. I just took note that when I save a recipe in grams it opens in tsp

And when I downsize my recipe.. the additives dont scale down.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2019
  7. May 18, 2019 #127

McLasz

McLasz

McLasz

I LOVE this calculator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would gladly use it exclusively without a problem or ever looking back!
    2 suggestions:
    Add Aloe juice to the additives, and
    in the additive drop down menu add a tab for adding to lye water. I know it says add to liquids, but "lye water" feels more clear.
    Also maybe a place to put in Micas from specific suppliers?

Oh, I also tried to sign up and got an email but it didn't have a link to click. Also when I went back to resend the email it wouldn't let me resend it.

OH- one more thing- I have no idea if this is possible, but can there be a way to transfer all of my data from SM3 to soapfriend? I have about 30 hours into inputting data! SM3 is very complex in it's data input- it would be so great if you could scan and upload an invoice to update ingredients and costs, if possible. I know technology isn't magic, but maybe?!?
    Thank you so very much for this tool. It is awesome!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2019
  8. May 21, 2019 #128

crazy_lil_Mom

crazy_lil_Mom

crazy_lil_Mom

I love it! Reading some of the previous comments, it looks like many issues have already been addressed. This is amazing.

9. May 21, 2019 #129

xmasdeer

xmasdeer

xmasdeer

I have just tried the basics of the calculator. With SMF and others, the problem for me is that I do my super fatting last, as an additive and want to be able to show this on the soap calc., which is why I made my own for my recipes, so I would like to see an option for this. I would also like to see the ingredient list on another page with all of the properties in a table for viewing. When I change my recipe I am constantly referring to my list to make changes according to the properties. Otherwise, great work, I might run my recipes through and see how my info compares. I like the neat, clean appearance.

10. May 21, 2019 #130

DWinMadison

DWinMadison

DWinMadison

Supporting Member

Can you guys share the list of upcoming enhancements?

11. May 22, 2019 #131

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

Thank you for the suggestion .. it is on out TO-DO list .. can you please share with me a sample of the data you are interested in importing ?.. I would like to start working on this and testing with real data

12. May 22, 2019 #132

xmasdeer

xmasdeer

xmasdeer

Sorry if I am repeating anything on this thread, I have not had time to read all the comments.
    I was using the SMF calculator today and noticed the following:
    1. When printing the first page is blank, so I have to change my print settings to print pages 2-3
    2. If I select Units of Measure as Grams, Kilos, Ounces etc, there is nowhere to enter the sizes unless I select percentages, which I don't work with.

13. May 22, 2019 #133

katemz

katemz

katemz

Supporting Member

Right now every time. I use the calculator and lets say I missed something or wanna fix a percentage and go back my weight of my batter changes so if I'm doing 6 lb of soap once I go back and get back to where I need to be it changes. Also should let the person add more than one way to view recipe. I know I use ounces to wiegh but percentages to make my recipe. Once I print I want to see it all so I have choices.

14. May 23, 2019 #134

earlene

earlene

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper Lifetime Supporter

When I open one of my recipes to edit or as a copy there are no oils listed. Why is that? Is there some other way to open them and still have the oils of the original recipe still present?

The additives and notes and even the photos are still there, but without oils.

15. May 23, 2019 #135

earlene

earlene

earlene

Now I can't log in anymore. My password is no longer accepted and I have not changed it.

16. May 24, 2019 #136

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

apologises , it was me who changed the password . trying to reproduce the start batch issues you reported before where oil names are empty .. your password is back now .. can you please verify if this issue at start batch page still exists ?

17. May 24, 2019 #137

earlene

earlene

earlene

Thank you. I will work on that this morning. And yes, I can log back in now.

Still not seeing oils when I open my recipe to edit. Would really like to be able to edit my existing recipes without having to re-enter all the oils again.

Thank you for the changes to inventory; I like that I can now edit the supplier names, etc.
    However, I would also like to be able to edit or even delete orders already entered. I can only edit the amount of a specific purchase within an order, but nothing else. I need to be able to edit all of it, including the supplier information. Today I entered an order without a supplier name and can't find a way to add the supplier name to that order now.
    It would also be nice to be able to search purchase orders based on any of the different fields, for example, the order number.

Additional supplies I'd like to see as options in a drop down list when entering purchases - not sure what category: (additives? Or water replacement?) Could you include them or do we have to enter them ourselves as custom? Oops, I meant to go back to look before posting. This is there.
    Vinegar (5%) (or allow for choice of percent because not all vinegar is 5%)
    Vinegar, ACV - (sometimes this is 6%)
    Aloe Juice

In supplies purchased, there is no line item for tax. Since taxes are an expense, I'd like to be able to add it in when I have to pay it (granted, it is not always charged if one has a business license, but often is included on purchases for hobbyists and normal shopping in most stores in the US, at least.)

When I look at My Supplies, I can only see the list of Base Oils and the list of Additives. The list of Lye & Water does not show at all. I'd like to see all categories and be able to edit all fields in all categories.

In my next post, I will start to address the Batch information as requested. Please allow me time to work in the software before going in to fix anything that would make me not able to access my recipes. Thank you.

ETA:
    When entering a purchase, the drop down box for items purchased, does not include the lye/water category. I often buy lye at the same time I am buying other supplies from the same supplier, and would prefer to add the lye in on the same purchase, particularly since the shipping cost will be skewed if not entered on the total shipment.

I am putting that post in the Batch thread here: https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/soapmakingfriend-start-batch-beta.74462/#post-771043

Additional comments:

Listing of method of soap making should be in alphabetical order, not HP first. Default should be set at CP, I think.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2019
  18. May 27, 2019 #138

PamInAZ

PamInAZ

PamInAZ

I am having some issues that I didn't have before. I often like top copy an existing recipe and tweak it. Now when I copy (by pushing the copy button), it brings me to a new page with my old recipe name but none of the components of the recipe are copied over. Same when I select Edit. Am I doing something wrong or did something change?

19. May 27, 2019 #139

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

This problem occurred randomly to many users , I assume it is related to the order of operations when there is some network latency .. we applied a fix and let's see how it goes .

20. May 27, 2019 #140

earlene

earlene

earlene

Pam, I had the same problem, so am happy to report I found a way to make it work, at least for now.

I took notes last night to make sure I could again replicate a successful copy function. I had so much trouble getting it to work consistently that making notes in a test recipe was the only way to keep the order of operations for future reference.

This is how I managed to Copy a Recipe:

1. Open recipe from My Recipes list;
    2. choose Copy button (upper left);
    3. make notes & other changes;
    4. re-name recipe;
    5. choose Save New; (after clicking this button, "saving" flashes onscreen; watch it change to "saved")
    6. Check the list of MyRecipes for the new recipe name and that the original recipe remains on the list unchanged. - Success!

(Be patient, the software lags a bit sometimes. Wait for the screen to settle into the expected view; it can take a couple of seconds.)

I could not get it to copy a recipe from the Load Recipe direction, so finding a way to make it work and documenting my success route was important to me. I hope it continues to work successfully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.