What's Left with Soapmaking Friend?

Discussion in 'SoapmakingFriend.com Support Forum' started by Admin, May 6, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. May 14, 2019 at 1:50 AM #121

Bobbiil

Bobbiil

Bobbiil

I have not read all the other replies, but I would like to know how to add different "butters". Like the hempseed butter, or aloe butter etc.. from WSP. But all in all, seems pretty great to me.

2. May 14, 2019 at 4:43 AM #122

cmzaha

cmzaha

cmzaha

Supporting Member

My recipes still are not loading:( and I cannot change the privacy on one of my recipes since I cannot open it. I do not like sharing my recipes sorry unless I choose to and sometimes I forget it defaults to not private.

Wish Private would be the default

Last edited: May 14, 2019 at 4:56 AM
  3. May 14, 2019 at 7:03 AM #123

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

sorry for this trouble .. you can load your recipes correctly now .
    we will be moving the checkbox of public/private to a clear location at the top

4. May 15, 2019 at 6:17 AM #124

Dawni

Dawni

Dawni

Yep, it's working now, thanks

5. May 16, 2019 at 5:53 AM #125

GHSAshley

GHSAshley

GHSAshley

So far, I enjoy it quite a lot; it is a lot more complete than the app on my phone I was using. I like that it tells me the properties of my soap based on the stats of the ingredients. For my part, I would like to see an addition of colorants and such in the additives; several of my recipes involve specific measures of pigment as well as fragrance, and the latter already has a space for it thankfully.

On a side-note, what are the chances of it being converted into a mobile app? I find it easier to have another application open than add another open browser tab to my collection.

6. May 17, 2019 at 5:06 PM #126

sherrig

sherrig

sherrig

I love it. Use it often. I have to thank you for your time and dedication to making my life so much easier. I live in wine country and use a variety of liquids in my soaps, just about everything but water. From craft beers to the local fruit juices. I would love to know what they bring to the table as I design a recipe. Is this possible? Like how much bubbles a tsp of sugar/honey/agave adds. How much Sf is in a 1/2c of goat/cow/buffalo milk, or how much hardness does either vinegar/salt bring to the table? I get the variables in wine would not be feasible, but the additives like sugar would be nice to know how much the bubbles get bumped up. Again.. You rock and THANK you for your time in this endeavour. :D

FYI. I just took note that when I save a recipe in grams it opens in tsp

And when I downsize my recipe.. the additives dont scale down.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2019 at 8:16 AM
  7. May 18, 2019 at 1:22 PM #127

McLasz

McLasz

McLasz

I LOVE this calculator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would gladly use it exclusively without a problem or ever looking back!
    2 suggestions:
    Add Aloe juice to the additives, and
    in the additive drop down menu add a tab for adding to lye water. I know it says add to liquids, but "lye water" feels more clear.
    Also maybe a place to put in Micas from specific suppliers?

Oh, I also tried to sign up and got an email but it didn't have a link to click. Also when I went back to resend the email it wouldn't let me resend it.

8. May 18, 2019 at 1:25 PM #128

McLasz

McLasz

McLasz

OH- one more thing- I have no idea if this is possible, but can there be a way to transfer all of my data from SM3 to soapfriend? I have about 30 hours into inputting data! SM3 is very complex in it's data input- it would be so great if you could scan and upload an invoice to update ingredients and costs, if possible. I know technology isn't magic, but maybe?!?
    Thank you so very much for this tool. It is awesome!!!