What's Left with Soapmaking Friend?

Discussion in 'SoapmakingFriend.com Support Forum' started by Admin, May 6, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Jun 27, 2019 #181

Hils67

Hils67

Hils67

Hi, apologies might be doing something wrong, but when I open Soapmaking friend and log in nothing happens when I click on the drop down menus for recipes, batches, inventory. Do you have to subscribe? I know when I looked before I could see all the loaded recipes, but now I can’t seem to access them, only my own saved one.

I’m using it on an iPad, if that makes any difference.

Btw I really like the way you can add additives to the recipe and how it intuitively selects oils, rather than having to scroll.

Thanks

2. Jun 30, 2019 #182

Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard

Supporting Member

New to SMF so not much to offer in feedback but like another member posted I'm here to learn.

3. Jul 1, 2019 #183

Hils67

Hils67

Hils67

Update ...this seems to be working now, must have been a glitch with my iPad :thumbs:

4. Jul 4, 2019 #184

JillGat

JillGat

JillGat

I just discovered it and I like it more than soapcalc. I see that you have "longevity" as a property. Which common oils influence this positively or negatively?

Hils67 likes this.
  5. Jul 22, 2019 #185

SoapySuds

SoapySuds

SoapySuds

The Suds Master Supporting Member

Will I be able to purchase the program for offline use?

6. Jul 23, 2019 #186

Angie

Angie

Angie

Staff Member Admin

That would need to be asked in the Soapmaking Friend forum. I think it's just an online calculator, but asking that question may give them a reason to make what you need.

SoapySuds likes this.
  7. Jul 23, 2019 #187

cmzaha

cmzaha

cmzaha

Supporting Member

I find the create date still defaults to the current date when I load a recipe. I have to make a notation in my notes to keep the poured date. O I load my recipes through the load button.
    One other issue I noticed last week happened when I would Save New after tweaking one of my recipes it does not save the fragrance I used. No great issue but a tad annoying.

I have some go-to recipes that I just pull up and tweak if I change to a different oil or two.

I will mention I see if I open up my recipes through my recipe list the date is there. So this was probably my error. Sometimes I open up through the load recipe option.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  8. Aug 5, 2019 #188

Rune

Rune

Rune

The saving and update option does not work really well. Sometimes it work, sometimes not. I use the browser Safari for Mac. Also, the fatty acid profile and the list of bubbly, longevity etc, that can sometimes not change or it can be very strange. But, even more dangerous, once I could not save my recipe at all, and I could not get those faulty numbers to change, so I saved it as PDF it using the print-button (that button works every time), to see if it would change then. But it didn't, so I got a wrong lye amount. Maybe it was the lye amount that would not change when I changed the oils, I can't remember exactly. It was nevertheless completely wrong and I had to start all over again and type in exactly the same, then it worked. I have to make sure things are correct every time, and I don't think I am able to see what is correct and what is not. I find Soapmaking Friend a little bit buggy. I could try another browser, like Chrome or something. I will try that now and see.

It seems to work better in Chrome than Safari. Or maybe it starts to do all sorts of crazy things when you leave the recipe over night (without saving), or a few days, and then start to work with it again? Maybe I have too many tabs open at the same time (295 as we speak), but it should just make things slower if anything. Maybe it is the adblockers that mess things up. I don't know but there is something fishy. Do any of you that use Safari for Mac have any occational troubles with Soapmaking Friend? If not, there must be my computer, adblockers or what not that is the cause. I do like Soapmaking Friend, it is the best since you get a ton of information and it is very easy to use with allsorts of possibilities. I do miss EDTA in the additives, and I would love it to automatically do the calculations based on the percentage you choose to use of EDTA. Not that I can't figure it out myself, but the more human calculations that has to be done, the greater the risk of errors.

9. Aug 5, 2019 #189

Labdanum

Labdanum

Labdanum

10. Aug 5, 2019 #190

Labdanum

Labdanum

Labdanum

Hi, maybe you could add an option for « recipe author - name and credentials ». I just imagined thousands of recipes and no guide as to who made them. Please ignore me if you already have this feature, I just didn’t see it. Btw, great idea for a website such as yours, congrats!

11. Aug 6, 2019 #191

glendam

glendam

glendam

I was wondering if once you go to print the recipe, you could also see the oils weights in lbs? Currently it shows grams and oz, however though I do not weigh in lbs, it is helpful to see at a glance how many lbs of oils a batch has.

12. Aug 6, 2019 #192

ffynnon

ffynnon

ffynnon

INCI names please - a legal requirement on labels in the EU and for safety assessment reports of recipes.

TeresaGG likes this.
  13. Aug 14, 2019 at 1:53 PM #193

srenee

srenee

srenee

Oh I need every bit of help I can get. This looks very promising. Thank you for sharing.