What's in your soap pot this weekend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennikate

Reaction score
I am not completely sure but something will be. i have fresh batteries in scale and know how to use it. lol . Thinking about a tallow soap now what scent Lavender lemongrass butt naked ?any votes gladly considered. :p

Oh, I love Butt Naked. They all sound good though. I've been on a scent buying binge lately. :oops: I have way too many. I think I'll make a couple of two pound batches this weekend. One for me, and one for hubby. Perhaps, The Perfect Man for Hubby and Angel for me. Both from NG. Of course, I always respond to these threads with a plan and then change my mind once I begin soaping. :roll:

DH has been gone on business for a week already and I haven't made any soap at all. I like soaping when he's out of the way. I did make some votive candles and tarts today. I have 2 salt bar recipes printed out and on the kitchen table since last sunday, just need some motivation to get them done. I really don't have anymore room for cured soap, so I've been try not to make very much. So, maybe tomorrow, I'll get those salt bars done; Coconut Lime Verbena and Black Raspberry Vanilla, the two favorite scents of the girls in the family.

Today I made 2lbs. of sea kelp & agave (WSP) & added some powdered kelp. It makes a really nice gray soap. I also made 2lbs. oatmeal, milk, & honey (WSP) and added ground up oats. It makes a very moisturizing bar. I wanted to make more, but my bad leg told me otherwise. :roll:
Hope everyone has a nice Memorial Day weekend with lots of bubbles!! :wink:

Where do you guys buy that butt-naked scent?? I bought some incense that was scented with it once in Venice Beach and never forgot the smell!! Haven't seen it since until now.....would love to have some!!

I have an empty soap pot this weekend. My son is graduating high school and I have a house full of out of town guests. In fact I should be out there entertaining but I needed a few quiet minutes.

I made two batches for a friend; honey-almond and wild honeysuckle. Nothing too fancy. Instead of soaping like originally planned, I bought a blow-up pool to spend the weekend in :D

I agree need like button maybe can get to dads this week and use his pool. Its a nice inground pool with slide in deep end.

I knew I would change my mind. I ended up doing a 3 lb. batch of NG's Lemon Sugar. I couldn't be happier. I've been looking for a good lemon sugar since SGS discontinued it. I love this Lemon Sugar. Love love love! Happy me! :)

I made a 7 lb batch that was split up into 3 soaps. Rose/Jasmine, Lime/Coriander and Sweet Violet (that accelerated too quickly to swirl). It was a "no extra heat" added batch, so it will likely be 2 days before they are unmolded.

I was thinking of making a Honey and Almond shea soap. I have never tried making shea CP soap before. I was also thinking of trying Soap Queen's sugar scrub soap. I think it is M&P. Has any made the sugar scrub????/ I was just wondering if it was user friendly????

Oh, I just got done making a "Kir Royale" scented soap. I used a champagne FO and added a little blackberryFO to it. It smells really nice!

alas, i dug a 50-foot trench, laid landscape cloth, gravel, mulch and pavers. i'm so tired i think i won't be able to move anywhere fast enough tomorrow to make the batches of soap i intended. muscles willing, i'm at least going to make a sea salt, sea sponge, buttermilk batch...

A no soaping weekend here. My g/f is visiting from New Zealand and we went to Victor Harbor for a scrapbooking weekend.

It was hard to concentrate at times ... missed making soap and kept thinking about what soap I could be making ... will be making soon!

I didn't soap on the weekend cause bunny was very sick and had to look after her, take her to the vet and try and get her to eat etc.

Today I soaped and did a plain Sweetcakes SE vanilla with a creamy colour on top with a bit of cocoa sprinkled on that.

My supplies didnt arrive before the weekends so I had a soap free weekend :(

They did today though so I decided to challenge myself by attempting recipes I havnt yet succeeded with!

I made another batch of chocolate with real choc and GM, and I also decided to make this one a 'luxury' bar and used a total of 30% CB. Im very excited about his one - none of the same problems as last time - fingers crossed.

I also attempted my 100% fail rate salt bars, this time using single molds (muffin - the only thing I have) and scented with lime eo (Can you believe I have never used an eo) - looking pretty good so far. I think I got the salt quantities right this time, it was nice and smooth at poor - again fingers crossed (loooove the smell too)

I really enjoyed today, I love the challenge of trying new things, think I got a bit stagnant there for a while, same old recipe, same old results. :wink:

Latest posts

Back