What's in a name?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missjulesdid

Reaction score
OK, so a while ago there was a thread on here about people callling you the wrong name. I admit I'm the worst offender EVER. I just ordered a mold from Paul and called him Todd, (Paul you're in good company, I once requested Hello It's Me by Paul Rundgren)

I had a boyfriend named Brian once and I used to call him Mark all the time. (For no reason, I never dated a mark, I never even had a thing for a Marky Mark... And trying to explain "No, it's nothing personal honey, I call all my Brian's Mark" didn't go over too well)

By far my worst problem is with the names Scott and Sean. I continually mix up the names Scott and Sean (If your name is scott, I will at some point call you Sean, and viceversa. ) I also have a real problem with Maria and Melissa.

The more I try to concentrate to get the names right, the worse I get... It's like tourettes or something. Have any of you ever experienced this?

i have the same thing. I can remember faces like nobodies business but names completely escape me. So I say the first name that pops into my head.....which inevitably is the wrong name. Just to make matters worse my husband is best firends with identical twins (who I refer to as my other husbands) and yep...you guessed it.....i use the names interchangably. whichever names pops into my head first.

I am going to one of my friends houses today where there will be 24 other woman....talk about anxiety......I will no doubt be guilty of the offense today...

Joanne

Good luck with your party... The funny thing with me is that I'm not bad with names, I usually remember people's names, It's just certain names I get wrong and it's alway the SAME WRONG NAME... (paul/todd, Scott/Sean, Melissa/Maria)

I saw that when you requested the mold. Shoot, I'll answer to about anything. There is a review on the net somewhere where someone was talking about TOG Molds and they called me Todd too. Or was it Mike? :? Maybe I look like a Todd,:lol: or was that a Toad :lol:

Paul AKA "Todd"

I have the same problem except I don't like calling people their actual first name I need to give everyone a nickname! LOL

Back