Whats for dinner?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since it snowed all day yesterday and took both my husband I each approximately 2.5 hours to drive what would normally be a 15 minute drive and we didn't get home until late, but also didn't want anybody out delivering our food to us in it either, my husband on his way home stopped and picked up a couple Papa Murphy's pizza's last night. We finally ate around 9:45 pm. LOL (we normally eat around 5:30-6)

Tonight we are having almost the same as what Artemis and her family had last night- meatloaf, along with mashed taters and steamed broccoli.

IrishLass :)

Vegetarian chili tonight. I started cooking before Hubby left for work this morning. But he won't be home until after 10 tonight, so I'll be eating a bowl or two long before he gets home. Usually I wait to eat until he gets home, but not when it's that late.

Last night: Chili and cinnamon rolls
Tonight: Breakfast for dinner (french toast, eggs, bacon) because the hubby is cooking :D

Change of plans last night due to scheduling conflict.......we ended up not having meatloaf and mashed taters and steamed broccoli afterall, but instead homemade pizza with the perpetual no-knead pizza dough I always keep on hand in a bucket in the fridge (for emergencies such as this), and my homemade pizza sauce. Just grab a 6oz hunk of dough off per person, and everyone makes their own personal pizza.

I topped mine with sauce, a light sprinkling of my mix of grated Grana Padano/Parmesan/Romano Pecorino cheeses, Greek olives, artichoke hearts, pepperoni, feta cheese, ricotta cheese, and then covered over it all with my pizza cheese blend (part whole mozzarella/part skim mozzarella/cheddar/Fontina/parmesan/Grana Padano/Romano Pecorino). It was yummy! This is mine just before I took it out of the oven (pardon my stained baking stone):

IMG_5252Pizza01072019Cropped640.JPG

IrishLass :)

Store bought meatballs with leftover marinara because tomorrow night is my youngster's big sleepover here! I bought the naked heart shaped cookies at the bakery - but I'll make a half gallon of Valentine frosting for them to decorate with. Play board games. Maybe paint a huge mural on some of the huge paper the construction people left behind. Watch a movie. It will be a take n bake Costco pizza for their dinner tomorrow, half a ton of fruit salad - 6 middle school girls can eat a lot!!

Pork tacos (ironically made from leftover souvlaki), sliced fruit, and that shredded kale /cabbage /broccoli salad from Costco that we can't get enough of!!

Polska Keilbasa, spicy sweet potatoes, and sauteed kale.
Me too! But not tonight... Polska Kielbasa with onions, carrots, celery & cabbage; pineapple & walnut sweet potatoes on the side. Having soup tonight:

TOMATO FLORENTINE SOUP - Makes 6 cups
This soup has everything needed for women’s good health and nutrition. It is quite filling and tastes great. Keep the ingredients on hand and double the recipe for a quickie meal when unexpected company arrives. Serve with whole grain breads and crackers; sliced apples, pears, cheese; chocolate dessert.

2 16-oz. cans tomatoes (or 6-8 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped.)
1 15-oz. can of kidney beans or garbanzo beans
1/2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
2 cups water
2 teaspoons beef bouillon powder
1/4 cup uncooked macaroni, preferably whole wheat
1/2 10-oz. pkg. frozen spinach, or 10 oz. fresh spinach
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons basil
pepper to taste

Combine tomatoes, beans, onions, water, bouillon powder and macaroni in a large soup pot. Bring to boil; simmer 10 minutes, breaking the tomatoes into pieces with the edge of a spoon. If the soup gets too thick, add a bit more water. After 10 to 15 minutes of simmering, add the spinach and the seasonings. Simmer for an additional five minutes. Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Each serving contains 135 calories and 1 gram of fat.

Tonight was an Instant Pot dinner for Mom. I used boneless chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots, onions and lots of fresh mushrooms cooked with chicken broth and cream of chicken soup. I turned out quite well and she really like it

Back