What's everyone watching on TV?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, can't believe there aren't more scorpion fans around, it's such a great show. Really looking forward to the return of Game of Thrones, going to give Blindspot, Major Crimes a go. Used to watch Person of Interest but I lost interest!

When My daughter is around (90% of the time), I watch Sofia the First, the new Alvin & the Chipmunks (pretty funny), and a whole lot of cakes being baked on random shows. I try not to watch too many movies, especially anything that I watched at her age, so that we can keep nightmares to a minimum.

Mine watches Sofia on occasion, but we have 50 episodes of Octonauts, 30 Wild Kratts and several Odd Squad recorded. She's outgrown Max and Ruby - but I haven't! If I let her she would watch Disney like her friends - but when the moms express dismay at how their girls are dancing in a...uh....mature manner or wanting to date boys and wonder why mine doesn't....I tell them it's because of Disney. All their shows are about teens and love - and then there's the music videos with a lack of clothing!

I almost forgot Bletchly Circle and Grantchester, love those. And Dancing with the Stars. It never fails to entertain. :clap:

Mine watches Sofia on occasion, but we have 50 episodes of Octonauts, 30 Wild Kratts and several Odd Squad recorded. She's outgrown Max and Ruby - but I haven't! If I let her she would watch Disney like her friends - but when the moms express dismay at how their girls are dancing in a...uh....mature manner or wanting to date boys and wonder why mine doesn't....I tell them it's because of Disney. All their shows are about teens and love - and then there's the music videos with a lack of clothing!

I only let her watch nick jr and disney jr unrestrained. It's a GOOD thing for children not to think about dating, boys and the like when they are under 10 (really 8 and under but I like to give a nice umbrella since I was playing with Barbies until age 12). It irks me to no end when I hear my cousins talking about Empire, Scandal, Most shows NOT ON DISNEY OR NICK JR (except the thundermans, I lost that battle but the show isn't too bad). Children should not be exposed to all that trash at such tender ages.

[rant] And don't get me started on clothing. Nothing peeves me more than seeing a little girl wearing a dress that you can totally see an adult woman wearing for a hot date. And you wonder why you have 10 yr olds and even 9 yr olds interested in sex? What are you exposing your kids too? Even the way they dress has an impact on our children's minds. Is it ever ok for a 6 yr old to wear a plunge top or dress that I could easily have all the boys running to the yard wearing? [/rant]

I'd love to say I sound like my mom but I think I evolved into someone far more media conscious.

I only let her watch nick jr and disney jr unrestrained. It's a GOOD thing for children not to think about dating, boys and the like when they are under 10 (really 8 and under but I like to give a nice umbrella since I was playing with Barbies until age 12). It irks me to no end when I hear my cousins talking about Empire, Scandal, Most shows NOT ON DISNEY OR NICK JR (except the thundermans, I lost that battle but the show isn't too bad). Children should not be exposed to all that trash at such tender ages.

[rant] And don't get me started on clothing. Nothing peeves me more than seeing a little girl wearing a dress that you can totally see an adult woman wearing for a hot date. And you wonder why you have 10 yr olds and even 9 yr olds interested in sex? What are you exposing your kids too? Even the way they dress has an impact on our children's minds. Is it ever ok for a 6 yr old to wear a plunge top or dress that I could easily have all the boys running to the yard wearing? [/rant]

I'd love to say I sound like my mom but I think I evolved into someone far more media conscious.

Bikinis. Why do parents put bikinis on their toddlers and little girls and say it's "cute" but gripe when they want to wear a thong at 12? I just don't get it. Why would anyone want to sexualize their child at all? What ever happened to letting kids be kids? Life is tough enough without having kids miss out on a childhood. OK. Rant over. (Thank heavens I'm not a human parent. Dogs are bad enough.)

Outlander Season 2. I do love me some Jaime. Also Better Call Saul, season 2. Don't know if I will watch Game of Thrones anymore or not. Honestly it started to become too much for me.

Bikinis. Why do parents put bikinis on their toddlers and little girls and say it's "cute" but gripe when they want to wear a thong at 12? I just don't get it. Why would anyone want to sexualize their child at all? What ever happened to letting kids be kids? Life is tough enough without having kids miss out on a childhood. OK. Rant over. (Thank heavens I'm not a human parent. Dogs are bad enough.)

To be fair, I put my daughter on a two piece tankini and she doesn't show much besides the fact she has a booty (remedied with a long shirt, shorts or a towel). Two pieces allow for safer bathroom runs as well. But when the tankini becomes a bikini, I draw lines.

Used to watch Person of Interest but I lost interest!

Ever since they killed off Detective Carter played by the wonderfully talented Taraji P. Henson, things just started going downhill, and I almost lost interest, too, but I keep watching because I still love to watch the dynamic between Finch and Reese and Lionel. I'd be so happy if they'd get rid of Root and Simi, though. They are part of why I think the show has gone downhill.

Edited to add, I just read the news from CBS that Person Of Interest has officially been cancelled and that the final season (season 5) will begin airing on May 3, 2016, and that there are 13 episodes total.

IrishLass :)

Outlander Season 2. I do love me some Jaime. Also Better Call Saul, season 2. Don't know if I will watch Game of Thrones anymore or not. Honestly it started to become too much for me.

Unnnnnnhhh Jamie. Hubba hubba.

I don't have Starz, so I've only seen season 1. But I'm not looking forward to S2, since I didn't enjoy the second book much. Fortunately I've seen some promo shots and it looks like the costume **** will be fabulous enough to get me through!

Indian Summers really good show. Outlander, well good to know that we still will have 13 ep to watch. Thanks Irishlass:)

This is WHEN I have time to watch tv, like when I'm labeling soap.

Chef's Table
Parenthood
Key and Peele
Portlandia
Workaholics
Saturday Night Live (I used to have favorite "eras" of SNL then someone described it to me like baseball team: the players continually change but it's still your favorite team.)
Mindy
Last Man on Earth

A few series that have been discontinued, but are amazing:
Arrested Development
Freaks and Geeks
Party Down

Disclaimer: I may have different taste in tv than most people on the forum. I know my book-reading differs.

#1 overall show - Game of Thrones: the costumes, the sets, the uncertainty of life for any character (you just never know who's going next!)
#1 new show (for me) - Outlander: yep, Jaime...
Show I've watched the longest - Survivor: blindsides!
Guilty pleasure - The Bachelor

This is WHEN I have time to watch tv, like when I'm labeling soap.

Chef's Table
Parenthood
Key and Peele
Portlandia
Workaholics
Saturday Night Live (I used to have favorite "eras" of SNL then someone described it to me like baseball team: the players continually change but it's still your favorite team.)
Mindy
Last Man on Earth

A few series that have been discontinued, but are amazing:
Arrested Development
Freaks and Geeks
Party Down

Disclaimer: I may have different taste in tv than most people on the forum. I know my book-reading differs.

Freaks and Geeks is soooo great. I can't believe it only lasted one season. I also love Key and Peele. Occasionally they'll run a marathon when I'm trying to clean the house or get work done and I end up just glued to the couch laughing.

Freaks and Geeks is soooo great. I can't believe it only lasted one season. I also love Key and Peele. Occasionally they'll run a marathon when I'm trying to clean the house or get work done and I end up just glued to the couch laughing.

I can't believe it only lasted one season either. It was aired before its time...so sad.

Key and Peele is one of those shows that we re-watch quite a bit too. I think they have a movie coming out soon as well.

Back