What's everyone watching on TV?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janzo

Reaction score
Since I have been on a soaping hiatus I have been watching a bit more TV and was wondering what everyone is watching. My favourite at the moment is Scorpion, i am a little addicted to it. Have been trying some other programmes, Limitless, Arrow, but a lot are now drawing to a close for the summer break. Of course you can't go wrong with Criminal Minds and NCIS, they have been around for a while but still good. Any recommendations?

NCIS and Hell's Kitchen are really the only shows I make time to watch. I listen to a lot of TV tho. Most of that involves talking cartoon animals so I don't think it will do you any good lol

My following list will make you think we watch a lot of TV, but we really don't. We record them in advance and watch at our leisure, which oftentimes is months after they were first recorded, since we all like to sit down as a family to watch together, which is not always easy to coordinate. lol. These are the ones we enjoy watching (by the way, we don't have cable):

Elementary
The Middle
The Big Bang Theory
Hawaii Five-O
Person Of Interest (I think it's been cancelled, but we're still waiting for the final season to be aired, which they say will be in August)
Marvel's Agents of Shield (and also Marvel's Agent Carter, which I love a lot more than the other, but it's an interim series that they air when Shield is on break)
Galavant (another interim series that's been airing only in January/February)

Some old shows we record off one of the 'oldie' stations we're able to get:

The Carol Burnet Show
Newhart
The Judy Garland Show
The Andy Williams Show
Burns and Allen
The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson

And we watch the following on DVD as they become available:

Dr. Who (just got the latest season in the mail- yay!)
Sherlock

IrishLass :)

Blindspot
Madam Secretary (she is **** good )
Game of silence (just started and looks promissing)
Scorpion of course
Underground
Elementary
Person of Interest is coming back on fall 2016

My husband and I go through tv phases where we watch a ton of one show and then either reach the end of the series or just gradually stop watching it and never get back to it. Right now it's:
Andy Griffith
Better Call Saul
Cutthroat Kitchen

I am waiting for Game of Thrones on HBO, and Penny Dreadful on Showtime.

The Blacklist
Criminal Minds
Bobs Burgers
American Horror Story (when its on. Catching up on some missed episodes)

Together, my husband and I watch The Voice, NCIS and NCIS New Orleans, Elementary, and Longmire (on Netflix). We used to watch Law & Order and Criminal Minds but we're pretty much done with both series now. They've really been pushing the limits lately. We also watch the British show, Heartbeat. I like to watch Grimm, Once Upon A Time, and Sleepy Hollow.

I've wondered about Blind Spot.... with a few people mentioning it, we may have to check it out.

Yeah I do this, if I am not interested in the first 20 min I will not watch it. When I get new book and first 4 pages do not interest me, I will not read it, no matter the good reviews:)

I am a binge Netflix/Amazon watcher when I watch. I'm also addicted to British TV. So,in no particular order, here are my favorites:

Dr. Who (goes without saying, right?)
Doc Martin
Hinterland
Ripper Street
Happy Valley (which ain't so happy!)
Sherlock
Outlander
River
Peaky Blinders - FREAKING BRILLIANT!! If you only watch one on the list, make it this one.
Land Girls
Jack Taylor
Downton Abby
Call the Midwives
Bletchley Circle
Bomb Girls
Wallander (although the Swedish version is MUCH better!! Krister Henriksson is wonderful.)
William & Mary
White Chapel -- Love, love, love this show.
Midsomer Murders
Wentworth (it's actually Australian, but what the heck, they have really cool accents.)
Death in Paradise
Broadchurch
Being Human

American shows:

The Following
Game of Thrones
True Blood
Bosch
Orange is the New Black
Zoo

Yeah. I'm not too big on American tv. I was born in the wrong country...

Boy, I hate admitting this. I watch one channel... Hallmark. It's mostly background until late at night. I don't have to pay close attention, always a happy ending and I get to wake up to Who Loves Lucy.

Last edited:
Black Sails, Salem, Vikings, (or named something really similar, I can't remember the name of that one but it's about vikings) Penny Dreadful, The Strain, Lost, True Blood, American Horror Story (I have pictures of me, my daughter Nicole, and my niece standing in front of the house they used to make the Witch series).

Usually the only time I watch TV or a movie is when fiance and I fix a huge dinner or bring take home once a week and lay in bed and scarf and watch TV and snuggle the dog.

We figure that we are adults, we can break the rules if we want. Dinner and TV in bed is the best. Also you can kind of tell that I am a horror freak.....

When My daughter is around (90% of the time), I watch Sofia the First, the new Alvin & the Chipmunks (pretty funny), and a whole lot of cakes being baked on random shows. I try not to watch too many movies, especially anything that I watched at her age, so that we can keep nightmares to a minimum.

Back