Whatcha makin for Christmas?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millie

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone is up to this time of year. I start thinking about Christmas early 'cause soaps have to be made so far in advance, and I'm sure you all have a stash for winter gifting too. What else is in your arsenal?

This year I'll be lighter than usual on the soaps, but I'll have lip balms, and a fun toilet spray - the Poo-Pourri knock off @IrishLass posted here: https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/poo-pourri-knock-off.56102/ (Thanks!!)

I'm having a blast designing labels for the toilet spray!

(Oh and please forgive me if there is already a Christmas gifting thread)

Just curious what everyone is up to this time of year. I start thinking about Christmas early 'cause soaps have to be made so far in advance.

It's not that early, we are now down to 59 days until christmas. The Christmas thread count down starts in January for those to start early.

@Obsidian licorice to eat or licorice soap?

@Relle haha ok I'm very behind this year for a soaper

Thrilled I found these beauties for pocket poo sprays :dance:
index.jpg

Soap. I used to make anise but the EO just didn't hold up. Found a great black licorice FO that sticks great and smells wonderful.

Never had any trouble with the anise EO it held up great for me, and now they don't have it anymore :(. The replacement one they have doesn't even come close to other one, it smells awful. So I'm ekking out the last bottle.

Soap. I used to make anise but the EO just didn't hold up. Found a great black licorice FO that sticks great and smells wonderful.
REALLY? I've been making lavender and anise soaps, thinking that lavender is one of the strongest scents out there, but it keeps getting drowned out by the anise EO. And the anise is holding strong months and months later. It is so cheap that I have a biiiig bottle of it; lifetime supply, I bet.

REALLY? I've been making lavender and anise soaps, thinking that lavender is one of the strongest scents out there, but it keeps getting drowned out by the anise EO. And the anise is holding strong months and months later. It is so cheap that I have a biiiig bottle of it; lifetime supply, I bet.

Yeah, I've tried regular and star from different suppliers. I guess it sticks but it fades down to be very light after 8 weeks or so.
I just don't have luck with EO, can't get peppermint or lemongrass to stick either. Luckily I found FO to replace them all and they smell better.

I've actually done a few Christmas-inspired things (I don't like most fall-inspired fragrances, so I guess I just skipped over that whole season. Plus, Thanksgiving comes so early here that you're barely out of summer and you're done with pumpkins and moving on to trick-or-treating). The first was a Frankincense, Gold, and Myrrh slab. I need to get some pix off my son's camera before I post a retrospective--oh, and try to get some of the ash off a few bars. I don't usually mind ash, but this just obscures everything. So those will have to wait.
I also made Humblebee's White Chocolate Peppermint soap pretty much the day she posted it. Made two batches: one with just peppermint EO and one with a chocolate FO as well.
I've also made some M&P embeds to go in a CP base...this will be my third time scenting M&P embeds with EOs that might otherwise not last in CP, but they are clear and strong in the M&P (not to mention brightly coloured with a fun jelly-like appearance). The current batch of pine, fir and bay leaf snowmen will go in some bars scented with Nature's Fragrance's Into the Woods, which I mentioned has too much cinnamon and too little forest, but my EO additions (tested in a cream) are just fantastic, if I do say so myself. Will post pix when they get made.
And, the only other thing planned is a 4-tone cinnamon and Cafe Mocha bar...uncoloured & unfragranced, uncoloured & fragranced, red mica & unfragranced, and red mica & fragranced. I figure I should get 4 distinct colours out of that approach.

Attachments

• cocoa peppermint.png
    cocoa peppermint.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
I've been thinking about making a batch of peppermint soap curls but kinda thinking they might just sit around in bathrooms looking decorative. ? Would be pretty in little glass jars.

P.s. @MGM that green marbled soap is gorgeous!

Last edited:
Made two batches of soap yesterday. Nothing fancy just some Black Amber Musk and a Red Santal.
I still have another couple batches of soap to make ( Nag Champa/Dragon's Blood at last twice).

And then there's a build project for my son in law. But that is fodder for discussion on a different forum...:smallshrug:

I have to have all my Christmas soaps done by end of July since my 1st holiday show is mid Sept, but I make enough to last through Dec. I add lotions, foot scrub, wax melts, lips balms, etc for family members. I'm now thinking of hearts and flowers for Valentine's Day!

Latest posts

Back