What Ya Think Of My Standard Mix?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazza38

Reaction score
Hi All. Hope you are enjoying your latest soapy creation. Who'd have thought a few oils could be so much fun!
Anyhow, I just wonder if anyone out there would like to take a look at my recipe. I have created a base to which I may add one or two others to change it, but my base remains the same. It goes like this....

BTW my palm oil comes from a sustainable supply, not from the ravaged areas of indonesia. yay.....

Olive Oil 45%
Coconut 20%
Palm 10%
Palm Kernel 15%

then I can add 10% of say.... soybean, avocado, macadamia, apricot etc

What do you think? Do you think I have a good idea here, or do you think I could do better?

I would love to hear from anyone with any ideas on improving this base formula. I have done a couple like this and they seem great so far. My honey and oatmeal is taking ages to cure, but that could be thanks to the honey.

So gang, what do YOU think????

Cheers all.

Kazza

Hello! :)

I was eyeballing your mix, and it looks like you have a nice base right there. I ran it through soapcalc and the numbers agree.

You might want to consider adding about 5% castor oil to the mix for even more luxurious bubbles.

Looks like a soap I would enjoy using!

Take care,
Mike

mix it up!

Hey thanks Mike.

Cheers for your input. Also for taking the effort for running it through the calc. Another pair of eyes, when you are self-taught is invaluable. I will try a bit of castor oil. I have read it can make a good soap great.

Happy Soaping to you....

Kazza

Latest posts

Back