What would happen...

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

SoapyGoats

Reaction score
...If I used Dead Sea Mud in a CP goat milk soap? Is it even possible? Or is there too much mineral content in the mud?

dixiedragon

Reaction score
I've never done it, but IIRC, you need to dissolve your lye in water first, and then add the mud to the water. If you add the mud first, the lye won't dissolve. I assume you could also hold back a bit of your water, blend the mud with that, then add it at the end.

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I've used it at a couple teaspoons in my 5 lb batch. Added it to a bit of my batch water then added it to my oils before the lye. No issues at all.

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yep- as the others have said, you can most definitely use it. I've used it once before in a salt bar batch in order to make my bars look like granite. I added it straight or 'as is' to my batter and lightly stirred it in right before pouring to give things a speckled look. They turned out really cool looking.

IrishLass :)

SoapyGoats

Reaction score
Thanks! I use it as a masque and absolutely LOVE it, so wanted to try it in a soap.

cinnamaldehyde

Reaction score
I've used dead sea mud with no problems in CP and CPOP soap. Like dixiedragon suggested, I add it at the end in a bit of water. Though the idea is lovely, it's dead sea salts that cause problems in salt soaps.

Latest posts