What to use to make soap brown

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brown mica turning other soap touching it a tan carmel color brown

Thank you everyone everything has been very helpful. I have learned a lot in the past few months. But I'm still having a problem maybe someone can help me with. I tried to make a cake soap and cupcakes I used the brown mica that was recommended and the cake part of the cake and the cupcakes was a beautiful brown color. I tried to use a white soap and pipe it on like icing. On the cake I tried to make it look like icing with chocolate pieces of candy white marshmallows and drizzled with chocolate. On the cupcake I use a white soap and pipe icing on top with a pink and blue mica color stripped in the pastry bag. They turned out beautiful at first as a then letting them sit and dry as you do with cold process it seems like the white icing heart is pulling the brown up from the cake part. My icing now looks like a caramel tan color. Does anyone have any advice on how I can keep my icing part white.

Thank you everyone everything has been very helpful. I have learned a lot in the past few months. But I'm still having a problem maybe someone can help me with. I tried to make a cake soap and cupcakes I used the brown mica that was recommended and the cake part of the cake and the cupcakes was a beautiful brown color. I tried to use a white soap and pipe it on like icing. On the cake I tried to make it look like icing with chocolate pieces of candy white marshmallows and drizzled with chocolate. On the cupcake I use a white soap and pipe icing on top with a pink and blue mica color stripped in the pastry bag. They turned out beautiful at first as a then letting them sit and dry as you do with cold process it seems like the white icing heart is pulling the brown up from the cake part. My icing now looks like a caramel tan color. Does anyone have any advice on how I can keep my icing part white.
I second that thought, likely vanilla. You need to use a vanilla stabiliser (which works for a while) or skip the vanilla FO in anything you want white.

I would just embrace the vanilla color. I haven't had very good luck with stabilizer long term. Eventually it all turns darker on me. Maybe not as dark.

I did a frosted type look for a soap a while back and both skipped the FO for that part plus used a tiny bit of TD in the soap batter. Be aware that TD also causes a bit of acceleration.

Latest posts

Back