What to do with ugly but usable soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are super trippy! Hey, those are very complicated looking swirls. I find them fascinating. I strive some day to be able to make soap look as cool as your "ugly" soaps. You could call them "Soapadelic."

Ok, completely surprised. Cheers all. I'll try the crinkle cutter on a few (they might be too hard already but it's worth a go). I took them out of hiding and showed a couple of people I use as guinea pigs and they liked them. I still see fluoro snot blocks of doom but I'm willing to allow them to live. I love the idea of giving them away to charities but will include some I actually like too lol.

*grayceworks - You have awesome ideas, could make up lovely gift sets. I'm now fighting the urge to drive to a place called Nimbin in NSW this weekend. In a Kombi.

I would cut them up in random strips and cubes and use them as embeds. I think you would be pleasantly surprised on how nice the colors would make your final soap. I think a nice peach colored base soap would compliment all of the colors to make the embeds stand out.

I don't see anything wrong with those at all, in fact I like them a lot! I find it difficult to get nice bright colors like that. When you said ugly, I envisioned the last batch I made, which looked like sliced cold refried beans :)

I have a story for you. I was experimenting with milk and lye and wanted to make a vanilla scented soap. I knew it would turn brown, but not THAT brown. The soap ended up turning pure black and I was so sad. I thought for sure I wasn't gonna be able to sell them. I did a craft fair this weekend, and I ended up selling out of a bunch of my soaps, and had the ugly black ones on hand for who knows what reason. I decided to pull them out, and believe it or not, I almost sold out of them! Just because you think they don't look pretty doesn't mean everyone else will think the same.

I like Ruthie's idea. If you don't like it, donate it! They are pretty even if they did not turn out the way you wanted. I actually like them. If you don't want to gift it away or donate it, swirls is the way to go in a mp soap. I am a bigger fan of swirls or soapy curls rather than confetti.

Like everyone else that has answered, I see nothing wrong with them.
A trip to Nimbin, make sure to pack the soap it will be a hit

You've all filled me with confidence that these will find good homes (other than mine).

*kazmi - I'll add that to the list of things to try. Sounds good. Was trying to think of a base colour for doing confetti/embed curls or swirls soaps. Cheers.
*Timber - The colours were meant to be more subtle, no idea what the heck happened here. I love refried beans big time. On my nachos. OMG as a soap no lol would love to see it.
*tinytreats - I'm learning this now. I almost tossed the batch because my eyes (still) just can't stand them.

Wait, would I use CP or M & P for doing some embed cubes/swirls/strips? Arrggh.

Nimbin is sounding real good right now.

Derpina bubbles- if I were u, I would have cut the soaps in a flower shape and use it with clear m&p soap. ( make sure when you cut them in the flower shape, the flower has more than one colors? ImageUploadedBySoap Making1385561064.814298.jpg

Let me know what ever you decide.

I agree with what everyone else said! In fact, the Soap Queen has posted pictures of her own soaps which look very similar to yours. .. And she's the queen right? ;)

Latest posts

Back