What to do with test/sample recipe batches?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueRose

Reaction score
I have a lot of different recipes I've tried over time and with a wide variety of soap qualities. I've analayzed the soaps and recorded the data so now I really don't need to keep the remaining around.

Has anyone found a good way to utilize this stuff, hopefully in a single use (obviously multiple ideas are welcome!).

If the soap is good (not caustic or anything like that), you can grate it up to use as 'soap confetti' in other batches, or you can put it to good use by boxing it up and sending/donating it to Clean The World, a great company that takes used, but otherwise good soap, grates it up, disinfects it and makes it into new bars that will be sent to disaster relief areas around the world.

IrishLass :)

...when I'm out of shaving cream i grate my 'left over' soaps, melt them with a bit of hot water then use my stick blender to turn them into shaving cream ...works like a charm with the soaps I make....

I rebatch my scraps into bars and donate "test" bars to my local shelter. There are many that are in need of soap. Especially in the summer. I have something like 20 lbs to give away of tests that didnt make the cut or rebatched bits here and there. It adds up for sure.

If the soap is good (not caustic or anything like that), you can grate it up to use as 'soap confetti' in other batches, or you can put it to good use by boxing it up and sending/donating it to Clean The World, a great company that takes used, but otherwise good soap, grates it up, disinfects it and makes it into new bars that will be sent to disaster relief areas around the world.

IrishLass :)

I was wondering what to do with my scraps too! Never in a million years would I have know of Clean the World. Thanks IrishLass.

Back