What to do with Soap curls?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlajune

Reaction score
Hi all!

I have some cute soap curls off of my recent 4 leaf clover rim soaps. What should I do with them? What do all of you do with your soap curls? Thanks for all the ideas I know you'll wing my way!:)

soapcurls.jpg

Last edited:
Put them into another batch of soap. You could pour a layer then place the curls on top then more soap or you could imbed them sticking out of your soap or put them on top.

Hi all!

I have some cute soap curls off of my recent 4 leaf clover rim soaps. What should I do with them? What do all of you do with your soap curls? Thanks for all the ideas I know you'll wing my way!:)

Rebatching trimmings is one option, like I did with these:

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=58678

However, you have some neat and pretty soap curls there. Maybe shunt's idea is better for those.

Yes, I rebatch most of the time or add to my laundry soap. I was hoping for some nifty cool ideas for a soap that would use these. They are green but have blue, green and white edges. Thoughts?

LisaAnne -- Like you pour soap batter into and around the paper tubes, pull the tubes, and the soap trimmings stay in the cylindrical areas? Neat idea! Would love to see how this turns out if you've made this soap.

LisaAnne -- Like you pour soap batter into and around the paper tubes, pull the tubes, and the soap trimmings stay in the cylindrical areas? Neat idea! Would love to see how this turns out if you've made this soap.

That's the idea, wasn't sure on single color or two.

My first thought was imbeds or decorative tops but LisaAnne's idea looks brilliant! I hope you post pics when it's unmolded, LisaAnne. It should be beautiful!

Thank you, I look at a lot of soap pictures. I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere and filed it away. I doubt it's my personal idea :)

That's a really cool idea Lisa. I would use a clear base to really show off the colors & designs of that soap in the tubes.

That's a really cool idea Lisa. I would use a clear base to really show off the colors & designs of that soap in the tubes.

That would look nice. Thanks, I haven't made a clear soap yet. But I have poured in tubes many times. It helps to keep soap color separate if you glue the tubes down gently. I use PKO.

I was wondering how you kept the tube stabilized. I probably would use a book until they firmed up a tad. Do try the clear soap Lisa, it'll be very unique. I like all things different!!!

Back