Quantcast

What to do with Soap curls?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

marlajune

Reaction score
Hi all!

I have some cute soap curls off of my recent 4 leaf clover rim soaps. What should I do with them? What do all of you do with your soap curls? Thanks for all the ideas I know you'll wing my way!:)

soapcurls.jpg

Last edited:

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Put them into another batch of soap. You could pour a layer then place the curls on top then more soap or you could imbed them sticking out of your soap or put them on top.

topofmurrayhill

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all!

I have some cute soap curls off of my recent 4 leaf clover rim soaps. What should I do with them? What do all of you do with your soap curls? Thanks for all the ideas I know you'll wing my way!:)
Rebatching trimmings is one option, like I did with these:

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=58678

However, you have some neat and pretty soap curls there. Maybe shunt's idea is better for those.

marlajune

Reaction score
Yes, I rebatch most of the time or add to my laundry soap. I was hoping for some nifty cool ideas for a soap that would use these. They are green but have blue, green and white edges. Thoughts?

marlajune

Reaction score
How do you handle the air gaps that can happen with embeds?

Steve85569

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Confetti.
The bubbles are not a problem as long as I pour at a very thin trace ( not emulsion).
Learned the difference the hard way.

DeeAnna

Reaction score
LisaAnne -- Like you pour soap batter into and around the paper tubes, pull the tubes, and the soap trimmings stay in the cylindrical areas? Neat idea! Would love to see how this turns out if you've made this soap.

LisaAnne

Reaction score
LisaAnne -- Like you pour soap batter into and around the paper tubes, pull the tubes, and the soap trimmings stay in the cylindrical areas? Neat idea! Would love to see how this turns out if you've made this soap.

That's the idea, wasn't sure on single color or two.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first thought was imbeds or decorative tops but LisaAnne's idea looks brilliant! I hope you post pics when it's unmolded, LisaAnne. It should be beautiful!

LisaAnne

Reaction score
My first thought was imbeds or decorative tops but LisaAnne's idea looks brilliant! I hope you post pics when it's unmolded, LisaAnne. It should be beautiful!
Thank you, I look at a lot of soap pictures. I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere and filed it away. I doubt it's my personal idea :)

Soapsavvy

Reaction score
That's a really cool idea Lisa. I would use a clear base to really show off the colors & designs of that soap in the tubes.

LisaAnne

Reaction score
That's a really cool idea Lisa. I would use a clear base to really show off the colors & designs of that soap in the tubes.
That would look nice. Thanks, I haven't made a clear soap yet. But I have poured in tubes many times. It helps to keep soap color separate if you glue the tubes down gently. I use PKO.

Soapsavvy

Reaction score
I was wondering how you kept the tube stabilized. I probably would use a book until they firmed up a tad. Do try the clear soap Lisa, it'll be very unique. I like all things different!!!