What to do with my ugly or bad batch soaps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel01

Reaction score
Hello. I have some soap that I call ugly that I wouldn't sell. And I have a soap that is actually pretty cool but it riced up . Is there anything I can do with these batches other than throw them out ? Here is the pic of the rice looking one ImageUploadedBySoap Making1411946394.268320.jpg

Oh my- that swirl is gorgeous!

Speaking only for myself, I would never throw perfectly good soap out just because of an aesthetic glitch. Normally, I either keep such batches aside for my own personal use, or I re-batch them, or I grate them up to add in another batch as 'soap confetti'.

If none of those sounds appealing to you, you can always ship them off to the Clean The World, a charitable organization that accepts donations of unwanted (but otherwise safe & usable) soap to help in their disaster relief efforts.

IrishLass :)

They came out so beautiful. What's wrong with them?

PS...if it's just the surface, get a beveler and take the surface off with one swipe across it. That is too pretty throw away.

And your local abused women's shelter or homeless shelter would adore you if you donated to them. Like IrishLass said, safe and usable is a requirement, but pretty is not. Just call them first for specific size, etc requests.

Thanks guys. I am going to donate to a local women's shelter , thanks for the ideas

You might also see if the local food pantry will take them. It seems to me that if someone is need of food, they would also welcome soap products as well.

I turn mine into scrubby mud bars. Actually the riced one would most likely sell. No one would know you did not plan it turn turn out that way. Actually my aloe soaps will usually look like that becuase I leave my aloe slightly under pureed. Many times customers only buy for smell.

Great ideas. I actually took some advice and slightly shaved the riced soap down and it looks so much better. As for the "ugly" soaps, I emailed a local women's shelter to donate. Just waiting to hear back. I do like the idea of selling oops ugly soaps for $1.00

Back