what to do with infused rose oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I gifted some soap to a lady I met recently and she gifted back a small bottle of rose infused olive/sesame oil she makes.
This stuff smells amazing and since I only have 1oz of it, I want to put it to good use. I plan to try and make my own next year but I need a lot of wild rose petals and hips.
Any ideas what I can do with what I have? I though about trying a light lotion but I don't hardly want to risk loosing the scent. I've been applying it straight on my face and the scent lasts quite awhile.

I would make a lip balm out of it. (1 part beeswax, 1 part hard oil and 1 part of the rose oil. (YMMV)). Can you imagine how wonderful it would be to have that lovely rose scent right under your nose! :D

Well, I made some lip balm and its a bust. Its too perfumy tasting and I don't think I like Candelilla wax in lip products, its not as smooth as bees wax.
I melted the balm down and added it to the whipped body butter I'm making. I don't think there is enough rose oil for the scent to carry through but its still a good addition.

Aww, what a shame, but rose is packed with a ton of goodness nonetheless, so at least you'll get that out of it. I hope just a little bit of the scent comes through for you. Maybe it will, after the lotion has been absorbed on the skin and the body heat does is thing. Hope runs eternal!

I've never tried Candelilla wax, but it's good to know I'm not missing out on anything and had better just stick to beeswax. (If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it, as the saying goes and beeswax has always served me well.)

My favorite lip balm is just beeswax and coconut oil. I didn't measure out how much I used though, I just started adding CO until I got the consistency I wanted. I have local beeswax that has a strong scent and smell so I don't really need to add any flavor either.
I do think the Candelilla wax will work good in solid lotion bars though, you only need half the amount you would use of beeswax. I am glad I only bough a few ounces though.
The rose scent didn't seem to come through, all I can smell is raw coco butter but thats ok. I'll save the rest of the rose oil to use exclusively on my face during the winter.

Thank heavens you have a few precious drops of the rose oil left. It would have been such a shame to lose out on enjoying at least some of the scent. :)

I love coconut oil, too. It's good for SO many thing besides soaping. I use it as a lotion, as is. I read a blog post once called 122 things to do with coconut oil and it's just amazing stuff. Healthy, too. (I think I read that CO is the closest match to our natural skin oils? Or was that Jojoba? It was one or the other, anyway. LOL )

(This is totally off topic, but if you use some organic CO instead of butter on a piece of toast, and then sprinkle just a little cinnamon on it, you'll be in breakfast heaven! It is scrumptious! :D

Back