What to Do: Used Lemon EO in CP Soap - Is This Causing the Sweat?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
I read through the whole thread of conversation to find an answer. And I am sorry that this is a question, not an answer to the query. I made a huge batch of CP soaps for a hamper order. They were curing nicely. Then came the rains. Humidity is 85-90% here. Suddenly all the soaps have started sweating profusely. I think it's the humidity, but not sure. I had added salt in the recipe for creating hard bars and early demolding because the client wanted the soaps earlier. I also put in orange and lemon essential oils. I am sharing my recipe . I would appreciate your advice.
Rice barn oil - 40%
Olive oil - 26.67%
Coconut oil - 20%
Safflower oil - 6.67%
Sweet almond oil - 3.33%
Castor oil - 3.33%
NAOH - 410.67g
Distilled water - 205.34g
Salt - 4.5 tsp
Sugar - 1.5 tsp
Orange and lemon Eo - 30g

I multiplied the above recipe X4. I covered them and let them go through gel phase for faster curing. This recipe gave me a lot of time to finish my swirls and design. I could unmold the loaves within 12 hours. They were nice and hard bars and curing nicely. But now......sigh:(....
Please help? Should I do rest of curing in an air conditioned room?

Hi all,
I read through the whole thread of conversation to find an answer. And I am sorry that this is a question, not an answer to the query. I made a huge batch of CP soaps for a hamper order. They were curing nicely. Then came the rains. Humidity is 85-90% here. Suddenly all the soaps have started sweating profusely. I think it's the humidity, but not sure. I had added salt in the recipe for creating hard bars and early demolding because the client wanted the soaps earlier. I also put in orange and lemon essential oils. I am sharing my recipe . I would appreciate your advice.
Rice barn oil - 40%
Olive oil - 26.67%
Coconut oil - 20%
Safflower oil - 6.67%
Sweet almond oil - 3.33%
Castor oil - 3.33%
NAOH - 410.67g
Distilled water - 205.34g
Salt - 4.5 tsp
Sugar - 1.5 tsp
Orange and lemon Eo - 30g

I multiplied the above recipe X4. I covered them and let them go through gel phase for faster curing. This recipe gave me a lot of time to finish my swirls and design. I could unmold the loaves within 12 hours. They were nice and hard bars and curing nicely. But now......sigh:(....
Please help? Should I do rest of curing in an air conditioned room?

Are you telling us you did NOT run the revised recipe through a lye/soap c@lculator? It is extremely important that you do that for any changes to a recipe!

What was your total weight of oil? What was your superfat set at? What was your lye concentration or your water:lye ratio?

I ask because you mixed weights with percentages and when you do that, it's hard to know how to respond specifically about the recipe.

Actually, I see that this post should have been a new thread and not added on to the thread you responded to. You can ask an admin to move it and create a new thread so your responses are about your topic and do not hijack the OP's thread.

Instructions how to get the post moved to create a new thread:
1. Click on the Report button at the bottom of your post. This will open a pop-up window.
2. Then type a message asking the admins to move it to create a NEW thread in the Beginner's Forum OR the Recipe Feedback Forum.
3. Click the second Report button after typing your message in the pop-up window.

1623431452182.png

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply Earlene. I did move the post to create a new thread after I learnt how to start a new thread. It's 'CP soap sweating'.

Sorry for the confusion regarding weights and percentages. It was
Rice barn oil - 600g
Olive oil - 400g
Coconut oil - 300g
Safflower oil - 100g
Sweet almond oil - 50g
Castor oil - 50g
Total wt of oils was 1500g
Looking forward to your response in the new thread. :)

Back