What thickness is your soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I understand that a lot of people prefer larger bars of soap, 1.25-1.50 and it actually can make a very attractive bar. However I have talked to several people (mostly women) and they felt that around 1 inch thick fells pretty good. Since this post I have cut a few bars a little bigger and even some of my round soap and found that I actually like the round a little thicker. so that being said I think I will keep the regular bars at 1" and maybe start cutting my round soap at 1.25"

1-1/4 once my Bud Cutter arrives. Was 1 inch for regular soap and 3iinches for the Salt bars. But I will be making the Salt bars down to 2-1/2 as the 3 is just too big

My large molds are actually 4 inches wide. (home made molds), but can cut in half if they like. i like giving big bars for those spending money on expensive soap. I can make the molds smaller, and have other smaller molds. Just depends on soap and how i feel. Yesterday's soaps. Different sizes. All are made out of healthy food. There are two here made of standard smaller molds, but i rarely use them. are not tall enough. i feel like i am cheating customer when i use them. I prefer to use them for samples. But that's just me. Love your pretty pink soap bar here. turned out great! These show just different sizes have done last few days, not clean pics, just raw off the work table. The last one is conditioning soft soap i did late last night. i just cut one off it. it's not quite ready to cut, but i had to peek lol.. these were pretty raw soaps. But you can see the different sizes. from standard bar, to 2 inches x 1, to 1.25 x 4 inch...

Attachments

• IMG_6790.JPG
    IMG_6790.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6781.JPG
    IMG_6781.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6854.JPG
    IMG_6854.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 11
While I understand that a lot of people prefer larger bars of soap, 1.25-1.50 and it actually can make a very attractive bar. However I have talked to several people (mostly women) and they felt that around 1 inch thick fells pretty good. Since this post I have cut a few bars a little bigger and even some of my round soap and found that I actually like the round a little thicker. so that being said I think I will keep the regular bars at 1" and maybe start cutting my round soap at 1.25"

I think it also has something to do with the size of your bar.

I use a Bud wirecutter and cut all my soap at 1 1/4 inch (32mm) which cures to about 30mm.
My bars are smaller than some though which makes a difference.
I like to be able to hold the soap comfortably in my hand but I also want it to be generous.

Latest posts

Back