What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made up Stain Stix and Lip Balms in tubes and tins, And 9 Lotion bars. Today I used up the rest of the lip balm oils for 5 more tubes. I made up 4 deodorant tubes, 3 full, one a tester. and them cooked up 6 hair conditioner bars! I just need to order the hair conditioner tins and I will have enough to sell at my Guild tea!

Last edited:
I also accidentally bought some avocado oil instead of olive oil recently and have no idea what I'm going to do with it. Suggestions welcome.
I used avocado oil in sugar scrub last weekend, so maybe that🥰
🌸
177D042F-8A6B-46BE-B1EF-D5A166DDD781.jpeg

Use it in soap! It's one of the oils in my favorite recipe.
I'm all ears. I've only made a couple of recipes I truly enjoy and will keep making in the long run. I've made many that just aren't keepers.
Today I plan to make a 5lb batch of ZNSB, I'm toying with the idea of a lard heavy recipe with some of the avocado just to see if I like lard in soap.

Last edited:
Worked on my phytoplankton and poured the silicone for my impression mat. I think I’m instantly addicted to making things with silicone. 😃
View attachment 71268
3D printed form for the silicone mold.
View attachment 71267
Poured silicone.

Oohhh! Will you do some for sale?! I have ideas for tops that I have found no source for.

So today I'm making a batch of soap just trying to figure which FO I should use. Also trying to come up with a plan for the March challenge if I can think of something good I might enter and I think I have a idea! My mother said to me remember when you went to mount Rushmore I said yah, she then jokingly said I should carve Mount Rushmore The Presidents faces in to my soap 😆 🤣 lol for the challenge. Do we have any 🎨 artists in are group that could do this lol. My older son actually knows someone at work who does this sort of thing with a chain saw and wood he makes beauty statues. I should let him take a round on my batch of soap with his saw lol. Anyways lol hope everyone has a good soapy day.

So today I'm making a batch of soap just trying to figure which FO I should use. Also trying to come up with a plan for the March challenge if I can think of something good I might enter and I think I have a idea! My mother said to me remember when you went to mount Rushmore I said yah, she then jokingly said I should carve Mount Rushmore The Presidents faces in to my soap 😆 🤣 lol for the challenge. Do we have any 🎨 artists in are group that could do this lol. My older son actually knows someone at work who does this sort of thing with a chain saw and wood he makes beauty statues. I should let him take a round on my batch of soap with his saw lol. Anyways lol hope everyone has a good soapy day.
Cut out a soap scraper out of cardboard to make the mountain shapes and then give the lads smiley faces 😁 😁 😁 😁 They always looked a bit grumpy

I'm all ears. I've only made a couple of recipes I truly enjoy and will keep making in the long run. I've made many that just aren't keepers.
Today I plan to make a 5lb batch of ZNSB, I'm toying with the idea of a lard heavy recipe with some of the avocado just to see if I like lard in soap.
My favorite recipe is
55% lard
15% coconut
15% olive
10% avocado
5% castor

Back