What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that’s a haul. The cotton stretchy gloves sound like a great idea and I hope I find another one of those pitchers at my local thrift store. Enjoy!
Yes @Mobjack Bay, the gloves are nice! As a woman of...ahem...a certain age, my sweaty hands can't stand the vinyl or rubber gloves when I have my...ahem... power surges ;)

Hi all you sweet people.

Nothing soapy. I just arrived in USA for my much anticipated vacation. And used the soap at my hotel. Argh! No lather.

Waiting to visit a friend in Colorado tomorrow, where I'll collect some stuff I had ordered from brambleberry and nurture soap. Had wanted to order much more but unsure of lugging fragrances in a hot car as I make my way in the Utah national parks; Grand Canyon etc.
These companies had not been able to take my order before I left home ,and ship to my last hotel.
California Candle Supplies were willing to assist in this regard and I ordered from them.

I had made a pile of soap before leaving home, was just too busy packing bags; washing soap dishes; cutting and putting away the soaps etc to take pics .

Omg I just received my micas from mad micas. GOD I LOVE OPEN MAD MICA PACKAGES!!!! I got some beautiful blues and my freebie was purple glitter. Perfect for Halloween. Such a thoughtful company.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
What soapy thing have I been doing? Not much, but will have a space to sell at a local flea market as soon as I get my inventory inventoried. My life right now is to get healthy again. I was diagnosed with stage 2 Uterine cancer. My surgery date was 4 Aug and I am slowly getting my feet back under me. Post op is the 24th of Aug, that is when we find out what is next. I am enjoying all the posts and photos of soap.
Will hold good thoughts and prayers for you.

Hi all you sweet people.

Nothing soapy. I just arrived in USA for my much anticipated vacation. And used the soap at my hotel. Argh! No lather.

Waiting to visit a friend in Colorado tomorrow, where I'll collect some stuff I had ordered from brambleberry and nurture soap. Had wanted to order much more but unsure of lugging fragrances in a hot car as I make my way in the Utah national parks; Grand Canyon etc.
These companies had not been able to take my order before I left home ,and ship to my last hotel.
California Candle Supplies were willing to assist in this regard and I ordered from them.

I had made a pile of soap before leaving home, was just too busy packing bags; washing soap dishes; cutting and putting away the soaps etc to take pics .
I travel with soapy stuff a lot and often, so have a system for keeping some items cool while in a hot car.

I have some coolers I use for food, but also some for soapy stuff. The ROE& FOs go into a cooler, and if I buy CO (or other low melting point oil) & don't want a melty mess, it goes into a cooler as well.

The styrofoam coolers are not my favorites, but since my medication comes in them, that's what I use for the soapy stuff I want to stay cool.

The only real challenge is keeping the ice packs frozen. Just the other night, I put them into a freezer in our hotel room, not realizing the fridge had been turned to the lowest setting, so they only thawed out and did not get re-frozen by morning. Some hotels don't have a freezer in the fridge, so that's when I face the challenge. But often it's only every few days when I am faced with no freezer to re-freeze my ice packs. Most of the time, there is at least a small freezer. I don't like using ice from ice machines, because ice melts too fast and then stuff in the cooler is floating in a pool of water; not fun.

Enjoy your roadtrip through our national parks and the states that contain them. It's one of my favorite things to do, visit national parks, monuments, refuges, etc. We just visited one for the 4th or 5th time this last trip.

Thank you so much for your tips @ Earlene. I have collected my soapy things, and hubby is shocked at the weight. I fear they are not going to fit into a cooler bag.
I always carry a large cooler bag and some ice packs as I love shopping at the grocery stores here, and buy fruit and vegetables; cheese; bread etc.

Your response is making seriously rethink the current situation where the unopened boxes are in the car. I think I have to get some large cooler bags and more ice packs for my F/O.

I‘ ve been to Colorado NM; Arches and Canyonlands thus far. All for the second time, and somehow it’s all more stupendously beautiful the second time around.

Off to Capitol Reef; Bryce; Zion and many more that I’ve not been to before.

Oh, I visited a lovely soap shop in Grand Junction and had a nice chat with the owner. It was so wonderful meeting another soap maker. I bought some shower steamers and can’t wait to get home and use them.

Thank you so much for your tips @ Earlene. I have collected my soapy things, and hubby is shocked at the weight. I fear they are not going to fit into a cooler bag.
I always carry a large cooler bag and some ice packs as I love shopping at the grocery stores here, and buy fruit and vegetables; cheese; bread etc.

Your response is making seriously rethink the current situation where the unopened boxes are in the car. I think I have to get some large cooler bags and more ice packs for my F/O.

I‘ ve been to Colorado NM; Arches and Canyonlands thus far. All for the second time, and somehow it’s all more stupendously beautiful the second time around.

Off to Capitol Reef; Bryce; Zion and many more that I’ve not been to before.

Oh, I visited a lovely soap shop in Grand Junction and had a nice chat with the owner. It was so wonderful meeting another soap maker. I bought some shower steamers and can’t wait to get home and use them.
I have family in Grand Junction! And have hiked the Colorado National Monument with my granddaughter, niece & niece's husband.

Oh, I am so envious. I love those Parks! We were last in Bryce & Zion during the snow season. Gorgeous in the snow! Of course, gorgeous any time of the year.

Have a great time!

~~~~~~

My soapy thing today (so far, there may be more later):

I finally got around to cutting the slab of soap I made on August 11th into logs. I still need to cut the logs into bars. Maybe I will do that later tonight, but I may wait until tomorrow. It was my last 2- swirls-in-one-soap that I made while on our roadtrip. First I created a spin swirl, then followed with a butterfly swirl using a gear tie. I wasn't sure what it would look like, but there are butterflies, so it was a success. I have to say though, I wish I had left half of the slab to keep the spin swirl, just so I could see how it would have looked without the butterfly. I was pretty happy with the look of the spin.

For those following my personal drama where my inventory guy FAILED to keep rice bran oil in stock, I finally got some delivered and finished making up my masterbatch. I've already got a friend who wants to re-order the soap I made a year ago, same scent, same swirl, same colors, don't change a thing, "I like what I like."

I also made lotion bars, unscented, for a friend who has this syndrome where they're super-sensitive to scents. It's 1/3 each of beeswax, cocoa butter, and the very last of meadowfoam seed oil (oh, sweet meadowfoam seed oil).

And tomorrow I head to an intensive 3-day training, like 12 hours/day. It's at a hotel here in town but my big fear is falling behind on all the posts from my peeps!!

And tomorrow I head to an intensive 3-day training, like 12 hours/day. It's at a hotel here in town but my big fear is falling behind on all the posts from my peeps!!
That's so easy to do when missing a few days due to life events, like intensive training. Those are certainly long hours! It's like working OT and I expect it will be exhausting, but don't fall asleep in class, @Zing (I probably would, though.)

Soapy thing today includes working on my itinerary for the SoapCon roadtrip. It's less than a month away, and I am getting excited. I'll have my soapmakers certification test proxied there, plus this year it's going to be lasting a little longer than in previous years, plus they are hosting a sort of a de-stash event that was not part of SoapCon in any of the previous ones I have attended. I think people are pretty thrilled about that.

And the line-up of speakers has been out for a little while now, so it's exciting to see whose going to be there. Kevin Dunn, as he often is, will be there, which is always a treat.

Today I really need to get some soap logs cut before they become too hard for my cutter to manage. I've been so lazy since I got back home!

Back