What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much! That is a great color. I'm going to give it a try, but I haven't done much hot process and when I do it doesn't look that great, so I'll try cp and see what happens. Thanks for including the photos too!

Yes!! I love LovelyGreens!
Me too!!! :D

@Christa10 I use Carrot Tissue Oil to get warm yellow, to gold, to orange CP. Great for facial soap! You can buy it online but it is incredibly expensive -- especially since you can make your own for the cost of the carrot and the oil used which you may already have on hand... ;) :thumbs:

Made these a few days ago…

Attachments

• 774CF4B9-6959-4110-A3E1-BEAA10B9F9BB.jpeg
    774CF4B9-6959-4110-A3E1-BEAA10B9F9BB.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 0CF0A8CB-F651-4B96-96BC-A19D8724EBBC.jpeg
    0CF0A8CB-F651-4B96-96BC-A19D8724EBBC.jpeg
    318.9 KB · Views: 18
I'm curious about the scent. Can you compare it to something? I'm not a huge fan of basil by itself and just am wondering how it is in a blend. Very beautiful soap, by the way.
Thank you! It’s hard to describe—almost minty maybe? Definitely not like the culinary basil smell. This is how EOcalc describes it:
  • Description: Sweet, herbaceous, and slightly camphoraceous with a subtle licorice sharpness
It’s pretty intense and you only need a little bit.

After a year and a half hiatus... Today I planned two soaps that I will make as soon as my replacement oils arrive! Unfortunately, since it's been 1.5 years, most of my oil supply had gone off, but oh well. I finally moved back into to a house where I have space for soap making and I cannot wait to get back to it. :)

I'm curious about the scent. Can you compare it to something? I'm not a huge fan of basil by itself and just am wondering how it is in a blend. Very beautiful soap, by the way.
A member here sent me his liquid Basil soap. i was a little put off by the basil eo thought, but let me tell you...it smells great! I grow basil. It smells nothing like that. It is a nice refreshing scent. I am in love with it.

A member here sent me his liquid Basil soap. i was a little put off by the basil eo thought, but let me tell you...it smells great! I grow basil. It smells nothing like that. It is a nice refreshing scent. I am in love with it.
I LOVE the Herbaceous aroma of Basil E. O. It’s so not what I expected! I think it’s Wonderful! Now one of my Favorites, along with Ylang Ylang. Blessings!

I made soap today. And watched a few videos on soap photography.

Soooo…. My soaping session went well. Not sure how the end result will be. Can never be as good as @Jersey Girl swirls lol. Not sure i have a good handle on the concept of the hanger swirl. I used our butterfly challenge as a guide. So it might be a butterfly, it might not. At least my top is pretty Lol.

I had to improvise and use two fragrances because i fell short on my original fo. Good thing is, now i got two bottles out of my cabinet. They were both apple based fragrances. Went a bit over the recommended amt, so shhh. Dont tell anybody.

I made soap today. And watched a few videos on soap photography.

Soooo…. My soaping session went well. Not sure how the end result will be. Can never be as good as @Jersey Girl swirls lol. Not sure i have a good handle on the concept of the hanger swirl. I used our butterfly challenge as a guide. So it might be a butterfly, it might not. At least my top is pretty Lol.

I had to improvise and use two fragrances because i fell short on my original fo. Good thing is, now i got two bottles out of my cabinet. They were both apple based fragrances. Went a bit over the recommended amt, so shhh. Dont tell anybody.

Well, this made me smile and blush. Thank you for the kind compliment. ♥️ I’m sure your soap is beautiful. I’m still enjoying your triple butter soap. (Saving the Eagles soap, lol) I need to order some mango butter so I can make some. It’s really terrific.

I'm still away from my soaping tools so I'm keeping myself soaply entertained by catching up on the forum and starting to read the latest Jo Haslauer's ebook on botanical colorants ("Natural Soap Color - Plant Magic"). I've had my eyes on it for some time now, and it arrived in my inbox as a birthday present from my partner - which makes me a very happy soaper :dance:

Not really today but I just sliced up my latest bar of soap. It's supposed to be an aurora inspired design but my friend was saying it looks like an atlas. Well, I suppose the world is on fire and this is apt. 🔥

I also made some new batches, messed up the last one with almost 50% more shea butter than needed (was sleepy and measured wrongly). I suppose the soap will be fine, just very superfatted. We'll see!

In other news, I was contacted to do some workshops, so actually I'm quite excited about it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220312_182917__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20220312_182917__01__01.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 68
Back