What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got cocky 🐓today & thought I’d whip up quick tiny batch of 💯 OO soap, uncolored & unscented, using ZNSC recipe as I had some faux sea water already made. My issue was lye solution got too cool to quick due to cold faux sea water. I didn’t adjust my speed of heating OO to compensate. should’ve had my oil ready when I made my lye & NOT the reverse. 🤦‍♀️ Took a long time for emulsion & I poured into small round cavity molds before trace due to needing to make breakfast for the fam. Should’ve kept blending & let em’ starve. My soaps are still liquid. 😬😬😬😬. On the plus side my test GW415 soy batch went pretty much as planned.

Haven’t posted here in a few but wanted to share one of my recent batches. Pumpkin spice swirl cake. I hope everyone is doing well. I love reading all your experiences and journeys with soap making ♥️

Attachments

• 733B3941-31B4-4F75-9F48-51932B7F3190.jpeg
    733B3941-31B4-4F75-9F48-51932B7F3190.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 24D3A206-8684-405B-9A5F-4EDFD9C0CF0C.jpeg
    24D3A206-8684-405B-9A5F-4EDFD9C0CF0C.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 15
  • F5A9D305-98BE-478A-9FF9-7E0860D202DE.jpeg
    F5A9D305-98BE-478A-9FF9-7E0860D202DE.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 17
Got cocky 🐓today & thought I’d whip up quick tiny batch of 💯 OO soap, uncolored & unscented, using ZNSC recipe as I had some faux sea water already made. My issue was lye solution got too cool to quick due to cold faux sea water. I didn’t adjust my speed of heating OO to compensate. should’ve had my oil ready when I made my lye & NOT the reverse. 🤦‍♀️ Took a long time for emulsion & I poured into small round cavity molds before trace due to needing to make breakfast for the fam. Should’ve kept blending & let em’ starve. My soaps are still liquid. 😬😬😬😬. On the plus side my test GW415 soy batch went pretty much as planned.
Fingers crossed it turns out.

Haven’t posted here in a few but wanted to share one of my recent batches. Pumpkin spice swirl cake. I hope everyone is doing well. I love reading all your experiences and journeys with soap making ♥
Wow love your soap. Sounds like it will smell divine. 🧼💫

This weekend I made more shampoo, conditioner, & lotion. Had to re-stock my bathrooms!

Then decided to make some soap. I’ve been working so hard lately to make sure I keep my batter fluid…that the one batch that I wanted to try out my scrapper tools on my, batter takes forever to trace. I figured that with the added honey in my Honey and Hemp Soap would help out a bit, but no luck there. I think maybe the bottom layer that I remembered to stick blend again with the mica may have scrapped ok, but all other layers I don’t think were thick enough to stay. I’m not even sure what my colors are going to look like. When I add the FO the batter turned a bright pinkish orange I’m assuming because of the honey, because it didn’t discolor my last batch. Plus I miscalculated the amount of batter per layer and had to add a color last minute for last layer that may or may not even go with the other colors…
I wanted layers… but as usual, not what I envisioned! 😬😳🧐

ETA: it has layers & smells nice with some unexpected honey spots….
19FE5919-CF64-4708-A16F-02ABF701DDCC.jpeg

Last edited:
I made soap today. The butterfly swirl thing, to be more specific. It'll be a one and done so we shall see how it turns out. Whatever happens, it will be my submission. I don't have time to make several attempts and I have no more room for failures. Literally, my soap cave is full. No more room at the inn. Stuffed to the gills. The cup runeth over. Busting out at the seams. A muffin top of soap. You get the idea.

Haven’t posted here in a few but wanted to share one of my recent batches. Pumpkin spice swirl cake. I hope everyone is doing well. I love reading all your experiences and journeys with soap making ♥
Great job, there! I envy your frosting skills.

I cut yesterday's soap. It was a half/half job on the diagonal and it's nice. I wanted a corner to corner diagonal but it had slipped off the prop. I love the scent -- clove/peppermint/anise/orange essential oils (wake the dead from EOcalc, yeah, I'm not using that name).

I also made soap! It was a complicated landscape soap in my tiny eye of a needle/tall and skinny. And by far the messiest session yet! First I put my moon in too low and then had to dig it out, batter flying everywhere. I have no idea how those YouTubers manage! It's bergamot/cedarwood/fir needle essential oils. I used a new blue from Nurture Soap that I like.

My last two soaps have used layers and I've mixed up separate lye solution & oils, so basically 2 soap sessions for 1 mold. It took time and more dishes BUT it was so much easier to handle thin batter. Appreciate the tips from here!

And tonight I need to print out recipes for tomorrow's batches.

Great job, there! I envy your frosting skills.

I cut yesterday's soap. It was a half/half job on the diagonal and it's nice. I wanted a corner to corner diagonal but it had slipped off the prop. I love the scent -- clove/peppermint/anise/orange essential oils (wake the dead from EOcalc, yeah, I'm not using that name).

I also made soap! It was a complicated landscape soap in my tiny eye of a needle/tall and skinny. And by far the messiest session yet! First I put my moon in too low and then had to dig it out, batter flying everywhere. I have no idea how those YouTubers manage! It's bergamot/cedarwood/fir needle essential oils. I used a new blue from Nurture Soap that I like.

My last two soaps have used layers and I've mixed up separate lye solution & oils, so basically 2 soap sessions for 1 mold. It took time and more dishes BUT it was so much easier to handle thin batter. Appreciate the tips from here!

And tonight I need to print out recipes for tomorrow's batches.
You tubers have the benefit of invisible hands that make their messy dishes disappear, and an almost always “seemingly” immaculate workspace.

I had a grand A plan for this nine color soap for my DIL, but had to resort to plan B when the batter unexpectedly started to thicken. The scent is my 1st attempt to dup the Volcano scent of Capri products. It includes OT Pineapple, which really does smell exactly like pineapple. The bar in the front shows what the soap looked like before I planed it. What a mess!

48EAD3DC-CCD5-4BAE-A29A-2E9D0277E1D9.jpeg

Made 2 loaves of Champagne Bubbles. Will be ready for December/New Years. Made with Champagne FO from Nurture Soaps. I don't know how the sorcery was accomplished but it's everrvescent bubbly Sprite. You can smell the bubbles. The whole family loves it.

Attachments

• 20211014_183026.jpg
    20211014_183026.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 20
I had a grand A plan for this nine color soap for my DIL, but had to resort to plan B when the batter unexpectedly started to thicken. The scent is my 1st attempt to dup the Volcano scent of Capri products. It includes OT Pineapple, which really does smell exactly like pineapple. The bar in the front shows what the soap looked like before I planed it. What a mess!

View attachment 61789
Psychadelic, man!

No soapy today. Spent the day with family. Brother flies home to California in the am, after we get him to airport. I need to get my last soap out of my car trunk so I can bring it in and cut it. The car goes in for service around 10-ish, so the soap needs to be rescued early. Other than that, it may be my only soapy thing tomorrow because I am visiting family.

Between trying to perfect my recipe with my scattered brain, I’ve been working on a soap giving special thanks to the veterinarian who saved Magnolia earlier this year. For those of you who read earlier , she was the goat who had a difficult birth but made it. All white with one pink rimmed and one black rimmed eye- looks like eyeliner my DH says. First try of soap accelerated so didn’t get the swirl quite right and the soap was too short so I later piped on top which didn’t turn out as same pink. Second soap with first attempt at soap dough dots. Third attempt back to first attempt and still think my pink color is a tad too dark but more what I want. I used activated charcoal and rose clay and Blackberry and Magnolia FO from WSP. I think I’m going to take a break and make Christmas soap as I get stuck on an idea and St Patrick’s day will be here tomorrow!

Attachments

• 823902FD-C8B1-41D5-BAEB-BDF7BCECACCC.jpeg
    823902FD-C8B1-41D5-BAEB-BDF7BCECACCC.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 25
  • DB133787-D36F-41B7-BBD8-DD4C11926C25.jpeg
    DB133787-D36F-41B7-BBD8-DD4C11926C25.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 39
Between trying to perfect my recipe with my scattered brain, I’ve been working on a soap giving special thanks to the veterinarian who saved Magnolia earlier this year. For those of you who read earlier , she was the goat who had a difficult birth but made it. All white with one pink rimmed and one black rimmed eye- looks like eyeliner my DH says. First try of soap accelerated so didn’t get the swirl quite right and the soap was too short so I later piped on top which didn’t turn out as same pink. Second soap with first attempt at soap dough dots. Third attempt back to first attempt and still think my pink color is a tad too dark but more what I want. I used activated charcoal and rose clay and Blackberry and Magnolia FO from WSP. I think I’m going to take a break and make Christmas soap as I get stuck on an idea and St Patrick’s day will be here tomorrow!
This are really pretty Bas!

Hello I am planning to buy one of those molds could you answer some questions I have about this mold
Do you like them
On their site they are saying that the 10 inches is holding 55 onces of soap or 3.43 pounds curiously with the mesurements my calculations are giving me 42onces if you have the 10 inches can you tell me how much soap is required to fill one mold
The shipping will be verry high for me need to know before buying
Thanks

How tall do you want your bars to be? Let me look at my recipe and get back to you. I want to measure the cut height too.

Eta: @lesavonvert For one mold, I used 50 oz oils, or 1417.5 grams by weight. 33% lye concentration, and the bars are just 3 1/8 inches or 8 centimeters.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back