What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teenager woke me @1am & šŸˆ woke me again @4am so I got up, fed the cat & made some šŸ§¼. Another batch of ZNSC*tweak with confetti. Placed some in a 2lb loaf mold & the remainder in cavity molds. Iā€™m the only patchouli fan in my household, and for 1st time ever used ā€œEarth Meets Skyā€ f/o from Nurture Soap. Smells so good in my kitchen! Can hardly stand the wait! šŸ„³ āœØšŸ§¼ā³
@ResolvableOwl Hereā€™s some pics. What was I thinking? PurplešŸ¦‰? Really?! So relieved the brine H2O distorted the color. I took the time to paint this guy & his friends today. He looked pretty awful beforehand. Seriously šŸ˜³
5BD47A2C-8F91-430D-BC0A-D5F6E21B6C42.jpeg
The loaf bars look okay without touching up.
8950E4FD-AF4A-4C9B-86D0-6C89E97F8032.jpeg
Didnā€™t snap a pic of the chocolate zucchini bread but that loaf turned out perfectly! šŸ¤¤

Last edited:
@ResolvableOwl Hereā€™s some pics. What was I thinking? PurplešŸ¦‰? Really?! So relieved the brine H2O distorted the color. I took the time to paint this guy & his friends today. He looked pretty awful beforehand. Seriously šŸ˜³
View attachment 61632
The loaf bars look okay without touching up.
View attachment 61633
Didnā€™t snap a pic of the chocolate zucchini bread but that loaf turned out perfectly! šŸ¤¤
I think you should send the top bar to @ResolvableOwl . It looks just like him!

@Vicki C
While (instead of, lol) falling asleep last night, I had the idea to pour some amber/light brown coloured CP or M&P soap onto a corrugated surface (like a plastic cookie tray, dusted with brown mica), and then cut/snap into shape as ice-cream wafers.
ETA: Some late binge-watching, that, retrospectively, might have inspired me to the idea of wafer chips šŸ™ƒšŸ˜µšŸ˜ƒ.

I think you should send the top bar to @ResolvableOwl . It looks just like him!
I had secretly hoped to scrounge a slice of the chocolate zucchini bread, but I won't resist getting the soap either. šŸ˜œ

Hi everyone!

been trying to control my soap urgesā€¦as a newbie it was you guys responsibility to warn me this is addictive!! I can stopā€¦thing is I am overflowing with soap. I am packaging some for donations, but also wanted to sell some of them. What do you think?

Attachments

• 0168CE35-00DE-43E7-AFDB-BD642BF7119B.jpeg
    0168CE35-00DE-43E7-AFDB-BD642BF7119B.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 49CA7838-F7A7-4338-B147-5E4417F561BD.jpeg
    49CA7838-F7A7-4338-B147-5E4417F561BD.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 11
  • D2E05F70-FE9A-47DC-9BFE-68A4613A1C3A.jpeg
    D2E05F70-FE9A-47DC-9BFE-68A4613A1C3A.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 12
Im patiently waiting for the magical morph back of my Jade green piping. This mica always turns bentonite grey and 3 days later turns back to green. First time it happened I thought id lost a whole batch of soap and put them on the shelf thinking theyd be personal use only and 3 days later, I was relieved. Heres what it looks like in process. You can see the tip of the leaf starting to turn.

245094796_653140995653007_3121451826631613164_n.jpg

Hi everyone!

been trying to control my soap urgesā€¦as a newbie it was you guys responsibility to warn me this is addictive!! I can stopā€¦thing is I am overflowing with soap. I am packaging some for donations, but also wanted to sell some of them. What do you think?
I think they are all gorgeous! And I'm sure someone warned you this was an addiction??? :nodding:

I volunteer at a therapy facility and one of the moms came up to me and asked if she could please have some more of that soap I gave out last week. She said it was the first time her daughter hadn't screamed during bathtime about her eczema- and that she actually wanted to take a bath and bathed herself with it all week. She made my day. Boxing up more soap for her now ...

I volunteer at a therapy facility and one of the moms came up to me and asked if she could please have some more of that soap I gave out last week. She said it was the first time her daughter hadn't screamed during bathtime about her eczema- and that she actually wanted to take a bath and bathed herself with it all week. She made my day. Boxing up more soap for her now ...
What a great post!! Love it! You go girl!

My humble EO collection in a new outfit.

boxeo.jpg
Classification according to the top/heart/base notes (or, rather, soprano/alto/bass notes, with a nod to @Zing šŸ˜‰), was easy, yet intriguing (literature work). But I've thought for quite some time how to store/present them in a sensible way (I'm tired of lifting each bottle every time and read its label ā€“ but I still want to keep the set mobile). I found these clear T&S plastic boxes, and put the EO bottles in there, together with a coloured ā€œlabelā€ for easy locating (sorry, synaesthets). If I stay modest (don't exceed the 20 mL bottle size), I might squeeze up to 14 bottles into each box.
Though, combinatorics tell me that, with the things I already have, one bass note, 1ā€¦3 heart notes, and 1ā€¦2 top notes, already make 3444 possibilities to compose blends ā€“ not to mention proportions šŸ˜µ. That should keep my nose busy for awhileā€¦

The three boxes fit perfectly into that tin. However, unless I (or someone else) come up with a more clever idea, I have to set it tilted to one side, so that the EO bottles don' tip over when not full. Probably easiest is to just buy more EOs and stuff the boxes šŸ˜.

Last edited:
My humble EO collection in a new outfit.

View attachment 61672
Classification according to the top/heart/base notes (or, rather, soprano/alto/bass notes, with a nod to @Zing šŸ˜‰), was easy, yet intriguing (literature work). But I've thought for quite some time how to store/present them in a sensible way (I'm tired of lifting each bottle every time and read its label ā€“ but I still want to keep the set mobile). I found these clear T&S plastic boxes, and put the EO bottles in there, together with a coloured ā€œlabelā€ for easy locating (sorry, synaesthets). If I stay modest (don't exceed the 20 mL bottle size), I might squeeze up to 14 bottles into each box.
Though, combinatorics tell me that, with the things I already have, one bass note, 1ā€¦3 heart notes, and 1ā€¦2 top notes, already make 3444 possibilities to compose blends ā€“ not to mention proportions šŸ˜µ. That should keep my nose busy for awhileā€¦

The three boxes fit perfectly into that tin. However, unless I (or someone else) come up with a more clever idea, I have to set it tilted to one side, so that the EO bottles don' tip over when not full. Probably easiest is to just buy more EOs and stuff the boxes šŸ˜.
Wow, as a musician, I think this is super cool! It's been awhile since I've seen a tenor clef and think it's ingenious to mark your middle notes.šŸŽ¶

Oh, soapy friends. I fear I have bitten off more than I can chew. I shredded my fresh white soap to make "snow" and got long strands of mozzarella cheese. Mrs. Zing has a plan to dry it out and then grind it in the coffee grinder. Miracles can happen but my landscape soap may depict the Minnesota drought we're living through....
I also made an embed.
Plus I calculated a recipe. So lotsa soapy thangs.

I'm sooooo jealous! šŸ™ƒ

Streaming subscriptions are just too expensive to me when I already have Dtv and a dvd Netflix plan. Oh but I LOVE Henry Cavill and I read all the books in the series. I wish they would just release it on dvd already. šŸ˜ž I think they never will...
Where did you find the books? I have seen some on ebay and on Amazon but I don't know the correct order to read them. And Henry Cavill- no words needed.......

For the first time Iā€™m making a pile of trimmings intended for soap making from the deer Iā€™m butchering. Iā€™m exhausted from all the work, and wish I had more hours in the day. Excited to render this deer tallow down and make my first wild game soap!!
Ooo tallow. In November my family will be butchering a goat we raised and I am super duper excited for the tallow. I've been playing around with it in a lye calculator and loving the numbers I'm getting.

šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»Headed to Netflix now 2check out ā€œThe Witcherā€ šŸ’—the color of that loaf & am imagining the scent! āœØšŸ§¼
I used Lilac from BB and I found Gooseberry on etsy ( the place 4candles). It was the only place that gave me a proper usage rate on request.. Roughly 1/2 and 1/2 . Smells mostly lilac but its only a week

Oh, soapy friends. I fear I have bitten off more than I can chew. I shredded my fresh white soap to make "snow" and got long strands of mozzarella cheese. Mrs. Zing has a plan to dry it out and then grind it in the coffee grinder. Miracles can happen but my landscape soap may depict the Minnesota drought we're living through....
I also made an embed.
Plus I calculated a recipe. So lotsa soapy thangs.
My shreds are like that at first. Line a sheet pan or a box (or two, or three) and spread them out and let them dry for a day. Then you can take a knife and chop them to a smaller size. Let them dry for another day so they won't stick together and store in a bucket with a lid or some plastic bags when they are dry enough.

Where did you find the books? I have seen some on ebay and on Amazon but I don't know the correct order to read them. And Henry Cavill- no words needed.......
I got them on amazon I believe.

You'll want to read the short story collections first in this order:
The Last Wish
Sword of Destiny

Then the Novels:
Blood of Elves
The Time of Contempt
Baptism of Fire
The Tower of Swallows
The Lady of the Lake

Then there is a prequel (which I just got in the mail today, lol) it's called Season of Storms. I haven't read it yet, but it was published after all the rest so I figured I would read it last.

I hope you enjoy them! (More than I did! :D)

Back