What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Id sell a lot more if i would get better at my soapy pictures.

Since you signed up for the Soap Challenge Club this month, take a look at the photo tips section there while you still have access. I agree though, getting good soapy photos is hard.
I finally bought a light box, a pretty cheap one but it does serve the purpose and means I’m not running around outside with a little table looking for the right light. They have light boxes on Amazon for ~ $30 - and @dibbles is right the tips and tricks on the soap challenge are helpful. I think a real camera would help too but I am just using my iPhone.

@PKappy, do you see what I have to put up with here with the likes of @ResolvableOwl ??!! 🤪 Thankfully @ResolvableOwl was redeemed by compiling my greatest hits album all in one post!
Regarding "my" alternating wall pour, I like it because it's a simple design with great results. And I'm super stoked that a tall & skinny mold is on its way!!
Can’t wait to see it and I plan to try your method!

My soapy thing was to order samples of gold micas/glitters -- thanks to tips from my soap peeps here! And to justify the shipping cost, of course I had to add some more blue mica samples because I only have 2 dozen already.

And a word of gratitude to this community! My work day lasted a week and was stressful beyond all get out. And then I come on here, get some good practical advice, several chuckles -- and to top it all off for joyous admiration, did you all see this??!! A Few Soaps

I made a double batch - the biggest sized batch I've ever made. 2kg of oils. Probably small-fry compared to what some of you all do, but I was pretty chuffed with myself. It only just fitted into my regular soap mixing bowl.
Here’s the top of my big boy:
26D68C8E-CB60-44B2-BC19-2894C3A7E35B.jpeg

It's been a couple of months since I've posted. Life has taken some unexpected turns which see me travelling up to 5-6 hours a day to help my step father navigate palli care for my mum. Both of whom are in deep denial that she's got less than six months. He actually said to me "well Miette (my daughter) lasted 22 months" yep she did but she had radiation to extend her life. They estimated 6 months with radiation but she's still the longest survivor of her cancer. But mum can't have chemo or even radiation as her heart and lungs wouldn't take it. It's a frustrating and difficult time. But all good, we expect our parents to die before us. It's life and at 77 she has had 70 more years than her granddaughter. 💗😂💗

We've not made lots of soap in the last month as due to life. I'm struggling just to complete formulating for my diploma.

But we have done some awesome things. In September alone we have pumped out just over 200 bath bombs and around 100 shower bombs. As well as lots of shampoo and conditioner bars, lotions and a few experiments.

And this week I made some liquid soap paste with a difference. I added olive, coconut, castor and vitamin E around the usual % but I added 5% hemp, 5% moringa oil and 5% jojoba. I would have added more hemp. But I've learnt if I add over 10% it's too green. I know Dr Bronners are using it but I believe the percentage to be really small. I wish I knew but I've tried from 20% and I settled ages ago on leaving it out. But decided I'd have another stab. It's got the slightest green tinge but it's hardly noticeable. I still think the colour isn't the same but it's **** close.

I have missed reading your lives and adventures. ♥️♥️

PicsArt_09-29-10.30.31.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210928_133115_694.jpg
    IMG_20210928_133115_694.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 4
@Juggsy I'm sorry to read about your mom. I know what a difficult time it is for you.

As a North American, I do think most of us know what chuffed means.
I assumed you guys didn't it was on some show I was watching (high maintenance maybe) and they stirred the Aussie who said "chuffed" up... "Chaffed" etc. 🤣😂

I just love Nuture Soap… got an order recently for a soap I have planned and just ordered what I needed (I promise, I did!!!) and I’m convinced they actually put thought into the free gift they add! It went perfectly with the micas I order and it’s a bea
Today I’m experimenting with adding citric acid to my soap and trying out a new fragrance oil (Riesling Berry Slush from NG) and some micas to see if they are what I thought they’d be.
C1749934-5981-4CC3-8B5E-92EFD4E94B75.jpeg

Gonna try a OPW again… 🤞

@Zing the bottom left is Nurture Soap’s Mayan Gold. It’s not too sparkly though, but we will see when I cut it!

ETA…I added the Citric Acid dissolved in water to my oils like @DeeAnna recommends on the Classic Bells Soapy Stuff website. My oils & lye were at around 85/90 degrees. When I added the lye and stirred a bit with a spatula it heated up to 98 degrees. Is that normal? I got a little worried, but as I stick blended and stirred my batter stayed pretty fluid. But still, it heated up pretty quickly and I started sweating!

Last edited:
Back