What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know. I’ve been feeling very giddy all day but my husband isn’t really responding with the appropriate level of admiration and enthusiasm (or any enthusiasm actually) so I turned to my fellow soapers.
Tell your DH that a fellow soaper is admittedly a bit jealous of such a FABULOUS score! ✨💗

Good lookin' soap there, @Ford and have fun with your new toy!

Several soapy things today. I fondled turned my curing bars. Had another quick trip to my sister's house and again affirmed her decision to start using my soaps instead of decorating with my soaps -- lovin' the lather after a 2 year cure!

Also started planning a holiday soap. Mrs. Zing suggested a snow fall and says, "It would be better if somehow you could turn your bars onto their side so it would be a tall bar instead of a horizontal bar." I says, "Um, yes, there's a mold for that, it's called a tall & skinny." She says, "Ooh! You should totally get one of those!" Guess what's in the ol' shopping cart?!

And finally, @KiwiMoose : WOULDJA STOP BREAKING THE INTERWEBS ALREADY??!!

I know. I’ve been feeling very giddy all day but my husband isn’t really responding with the appropriate level of admiration and enthusiasm (or any enthusiasm actually) so I turned to my fellow soapers.
You're safe here with us Vicki - we understand you 🙃

Yeah, the Hubbies out there. I'm not sure mine would be thrilled if I were to bring a baking rack into the house, BUT when I talk about whether or not I want to spend the money to go to a soapmaking conference, he's "it's only $xx", you should definitely go. The older he gets, the more willing his is to spend money. He used to look at almost everything as overpriced, and still does sometimes, but more often than not, he seems to feel that if it's something we really enjoy, it's worth the money.

I, too am envious that @Vicki C found such a nice baking rack for FREE! Having paid full price for such things in the past, I have to say, it was a fabulous find and you deserve the enthusiastic responses from all of us to make up for your DH's lack thereof!

Edit: spelling error correction

Last edited:
Getting ready to chop up some “peppermint candies” soap for toppers. Im excited for this lol. I hope it works out as planned.

Although i didnt enter any soap in the Soap Challenge Club September challenge, i did download the recipe and made some clear mp soap.

I have mixed results lol. I tried to do a hybrid cp and mp soap like the video from From Grace To You. My cp soap just layered on top (instead of staying put on one side like i planned). The cut bars are a little cloudy looking for the clear mp soap, but the thinner end cuts are pretty clear. Plus it seems that some of the blue mica mixed in with the clear soap, so it has kind of a blue tint to it as well.

Abby in the background for some interest lol.

18337A8C-B2BB-4DF1-BD6A-43001A18D5F3.jpeg
C20CEAF4-7BBB-4FF0-9936-60C27DED912B.jpeg

nice soap! and @earlene, thanks for the download tip. I downloaded and then played the video on my ipad without any extra software.

Here’s the soap I just made to test OT’s Pink Papaya. Gotta love masterbatching when it comes to making soap on a whim. I picked the scent as one of several to try for my DIL who likes tropical/fruity scents. It‘s a bit on the glitzy side, but I had fun swirling and the FO behaved very well.

View attachment 61228
WOW love them colors' ❤️💫

Getting ready to chop up some “peppermint candies” soap for toppers. Im excited for this lol. I hope it works out as planned.

Although i didnt enter any soap in the Soap Challenge Club September challenge, i did download the recipe and made some clear mp soap.

I have mixed results lol. I tried to do a hybrid cp and mp soap like the video from From Grace To You. My cp soap just layered on top (instead of staying put on one side like i planned). The cut bars are a little cloudy looking for the clear mp soap, but the thinner end cuts are pretty clear. Plus it seems that some of the blue mica mixed in with the clear soap, so it has kind of a blue tint to it as well.

Abby in the background for some interest lol.

View attachment 61257View attachment 61258
pretty'

Yeah, the Hubbies out there. I'm not sure mine would be thrilled if I were to bring a baking rack into the house, BUT when I talk about weather or not I want to spend the money to go to a soapmaking conference, he's "it's only $xx", you should definitely go. The older he gets, the more willing his is to spend money. He used to look at almost everything as overpriced, and still does sometimes, but more often than not, he seems to feel that if it's something we really enjoy, it's worth the money.

I, too am envious that @Vicki C found such a nice baking rack for FREE! Having paid full price for such things in the past, I have to say, it was a fabulous find and you deserve the enthusiastic responses from all of us to make up for your DH's lack thereof!
Thank you! It’s in an outbuilding so DH doesn’t have to set eyes on it 🙄

The soapy thing I did today was attempt a 4 pound slab of a heart design that didn't go how I wanted :(

On another note are there any companies with an upcoming big sale? I'd like to buy some more rose fragrance oils but I never seem to get the sale updates!

The soapy thing I did today was attempt a 4 pound slab of a heart design that didn't go how I wanted :(

On another note are there any companies with an upcoming big sale? I'd like to buy some more rose fragrance oils but I never seem to get the sale updates!
Wholesale supplies plus is having a sale on select fragrance oils this week. I don't know what oils though.

Latest posts

Back