What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrapped my soap for my granddaughter’s christening tomorrow - thanks to all who gave suggestions. I made these with silicone impression mats - colored with rose kaolin and scented with Rose Garden from new directions. I ended up not making any unscented bars, if people don’t like them they can just pass them by! My wholesale customer saw these in my studio and loved them so they have another outlet now.
View attachment 61156
Gorgeous!

Tried my hand at the one pot wonder last night (first time). Scented in rosemary mint. Cut today. Not the result I was hoping for. Two of my greens look the same. My white set up too fast as well. Plan on trying again tonight.
Very pretty' love the color too.

I’ll get it eventually but here’s my second attempt at the one pot wonder. The first two colors I put in the pot always seem to set up too much during my pour…maybe I’m not fast enough. This is scented in WSPs Flowerbomb dupe. It’s not bad, but I’m not a fan of floral. These are all mad micas colors.

View attachment 61097
Beautiful Soap'

I’m very happy with the cut of my Aloe and White Lily, but does anyone know why there are those dark yellow-brown patches between the white and green?
I don't know' but its beautiful soap'

Umm…I think you’re fine… (see back wall) 🤪
View attachment 59676
I love viewing everyones soap Making Space & Supplies. We use the same Hand Mixer' 🤗👍🏼. love your big open space & all organized too. 💫👍🏼🧼✨

Finally a one pot wonder that looks good (well, until it discoloration at least! Whoops! Just practicing technique anyway) I switched up the recipe for this one and it worked better.
Pretty

I wrapped my soap for my granddaughter’s christening tomorrow - thanks to all who gave suggestions. I made these with silicone impression mats - colored with rose kaolin and scented with Rose Garden from new directions. I ended up not making any unscented bars, if people don’t like them they can just pass them by! My wholesale customer saw these in my studio and loved them so they have another outlet now.
View attachment 61156
Those are beautiful'

Played with my new planer/beveler. Work's pretty good.
20210925_180430.jpg

Here's the cut:
I see no picture, only hear music. The screen is black. Maybe it's the program (TikTok) you are using; I suspect it is not fully supported by the host that SMF uses.
I found that if I Download the video to my computer (generally not something I want to do as it requires later deleting it) and then find a program that will play said video (again, not something I normally want to do), then I can view it.

Beautiful soaps, KiwiMoose.

PS. If anyone else wants to do the same, AnyDVD by Softonic will play this file. There are other that will not play it due to 'missing codec'. I actually already had AnyDVD on my laptop, so no new program to download.

I bevelled and stamped a few more soaps made during the week that I'm planning to take to our games weekend in about 5 weeks - cutting it slightly fine for cure time, but I really wanted a few more options to take along. Stamp is a D20, which seemed appropriate for the geeky crowd...

The pink and purple was less vibrant than expected from my new micas (the photo makes it look a bit brighter than in real life), but still pretty. It's lavender and rose scented, and will be named Faerie Farts.
The green swirls are scented with a green tea and mint FO, which behaved beautifully and will be called Sylvan Suds. I made a small batch with a tester bottle and definitely need to order more. (Out the bottle, it's slightly reminiscent of Fairy Liquid here in the UK, but a bit nicer and will hopefully continue to mellow a little during cure.)

Other soaps already on the curing rack from a few weeks back: Salty Sea Dragon, Cherry Kobold, Rambling Druid.

Not shown: processed-meat coloured, seized solid, crumbly looking, strawberry soap. Managed to shove and squish it into moulds, but boy are they Ug-leeee! 😬😆

IMG_20210926_164452.jpgIMG_20210926_164415.jpg

My browser somehow decided to interpret it as an audio-only file (?). I eventually downloaded the vid and viewed it with a general-purpose media player without issues.

@KiwiMoose Once you're grown-up, we will teach you how to properly use the video upload function. 😜😇
Thankyou! I never knew this.
Here you go:

It's a TikTok that's saved to my phone as a .mov file
nice soap! and @earlene, thanks for the download tip. I downloaded and then played the video on my ipad without any extra software.

Here’s the soap I just made to test OT’s Pink Papaya. Gotta love masterbatching when it comes to making soap on a whim. I picked the scent as one of several to try for my DIL who likes tropical/fruity scents. It‘s a bit on the glitzy side, but I had fun swirling and the FO behaved very well.

68D7AE09-C7BB-4A28-8F3E-C779125D6344.jpeg

Latest posts

Back