What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! I'd love to hear if your sister finds it effective.
I use it at 5% in my doggie soap, and I use a bunch of EOs to help drown out the horrible smell. It doesn't seem to fade that much to my nose.
Today I tried a diagonally divided soap for the first time. Fingers crossed that it works out. I made a confetti layer for the bottom part of the diagonal, and an ITP for the top part. Fragrance is Japanese Musk which is apparently a Body Shop dupe?
4A9AEDBA-50C2-4CD4-96DD-CDA4C8F17049.jpeg

Made my first shampoo bar! Nettle Tea w/sugar, infused olive oil w/lavender, coconut, coco butter, avocado, castor, puree'd avocado, a little EDTA, kaolin clay and Island Oasis FO from nurture soap. It smells wonderful! Can't wait to try it and see if the nettle tea helps my hair grow back :) It got the color from the tea!

Attachments

• NettleTeaShampooBar_09-19-21.jpg
    NettleTeaShampooBar_09-19-21.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 10
  • NettleTeaShampooBarLoaf_09-19-21.jpg
    NettleTeaShampooBarLoaf_09-19-21.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Made my first shampoo bar! Nettle Tea w/sugar, infused olive oil w/lavender, coconut, coco butter, avocado, castor, puree'd avocado, a little EDTA, kaolin clay and Oasis Island FO from nurture soap. It smells wonderful! Can't wait to try it and see if the nettle tea helps my hair grow back :) It got the color from the tea!
beautiful colour!

I’ll get it eventually but here’s my second attempt at the one pot wonder. The first two colors I put in the pot always seem to set up too much during my pour…maybe I’m not fast enough. This is scented in WSPs Flowerbomb dupe. It’s not bad, but I’m not a fan of floral. These are all mad micas colors.

44A706F0-3CE1-41C8-B6BA-719CE014A1BD.jpeg

I’ll get it eventually but here’s my second attempt at the one pot wonder. The first two colors I put in the pot always seem to set up too much during my pour…maybe I’m not fast enough. This is scented in WSPs Flowerbomb dupe. It’s not bad, but I’m not a fan of floral. These are all mad micas colors.

View attachment 61097
I absolutely love the 'swishy' look of the colours

To me they look like you used a dark green colorant that morphed in areas that came in contact with the white soap. Maybe that’s why the dark green is still present in the thickest areas of dark green swirl???

2nd theory is that the dark green contains a colorant that migrates, much like red can do.

I wonder if anyone ever had (ab)used ZCS to create a “vanilla ghost swirl”? Light batter, scented with vanilla essence/FO, then split, and ZCS added to only one of the two parts.
I think vanilla is aggressive and the color would work its way into the ZCS part but I would love for someone to do this!

Well done grasshopper

I wrapped my soap for my granddaughter’s christening tomorrow - thanks to all who gave suggestions. I made these with silicone impression mats - colored with rose kaolin and scented with Rose Garden from new directions. I ended up not making any unscented bars, if people don’t like them they can just pass them by! My wholesale customer saw these in my studio and loved them so they have another outlet now.
8554A79F-4B1A-4036-B359-4C432A2D0BFE.jpeg

I wrapped my soap for my granddaughter’s christening tomorrow - thanks to all who gave suggestions. I made these with silicone impression mats - colored with rose kaolin and scented with Rose Garden from new directions. I ended up not making any unscented bars, if people don’t like them they can just pass them by! My wholesale customer saw these in my studio and loved them so they have another outlet now.
View attachment 61156
They are BEAUTIFUL 😻 I love love love love the lace! Did I say how much I ❤️ the lace?! No normal person will be able to pass one of those beauties up regardless of scent! 🥳✨💗🧼

Back