What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made 2 lavender soaps yesterday and just opened them up to check this morning. I had a feeling the log one was too hot ... and apparently it was lol. Still loving the colours though :)

Attachments

• 20210913_063816.jpg
    20210913_063816.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 42
One of my swirly top soaps from yesterday turned out really cute. It’s here with the swirly top intact. The other one had an FO issue, plus I slightly over mixed two of my colors when I decided they needed to be darker 🙃. If you’ve used BB Tobacco and Bay Leaf, please take a look and let me know what you think, here.

Last edited:
O. M. Goodness! Not all according to plan. Had to spackle some air holes due to the accelerating FO. But I’m super happy! I love when my soaps make me giggle! And they do smell great! Autumn Equinox by NS. It DOES accelerate, for me.
bottom photo is air holes. The squeeze bottle technique would have prevented more of those if the batter had been more fluid.

Attachments

• 253F2DC9-B63D-41AB-B986-CDFCF04DDA68.jpeg
    253F2DC9-B63D-41AB-B986-CDFCF04DDA68.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 40
  • B3DA2DFD-4BCF-4A1C-8AEE-C612CD4C1B2F.jpeg
    B3DA2DFD-4BCF-4A1C-8AEE-C612CD4C1B2F.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 63425394-1403-4752-B850-E31E034E7DD0.jpeg
    63425394-1403-4752-B850-E31E034E7DD0.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 8C67D864-AD7D-45E2-8B11-8A9D841B1D36.jpeg
    8C67D864-AD7D-45E2-8B11-8A9D841B1D36.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 36
Sadly I'm getting out of making soap. I spent my time pulling out my big ticket items and finding out what I paid for them and what they sell for now so that I can come up with fair prices when I list it all.

O. M. Goodness! Not all according to plan. Had to spackle some air holes due to the accelerating FO. But I’m super happy! I love when my soaps make me giggle! And they do smell great! Autumn Equinox by NS. It DOES accelerate, for me.
bottom photo is air holes. The squeeze bottle technique would have prevented more of those if the batter had been more fluid.
Wow those are beautiful!!!

Fantastic.

Wow' your soap is just Fantastic Work Of Art! 💞🧼

I made another batch of my Chocolate Espresso Soap. The entire loaf will go to the gal (and her husband) who is running the Knitting Retreat. Sadly, she is going to have to wait a few weeks to use it since I was a lazy butt.

Bramble Berry had a clearance on Ancient Sedona (out of stock)...since I had to pay the minimum shipping figured I might as well add a few trial sizes and chose...Blue Man, Kentucky Bourbon and Sweet Cardamom Chai as I am wanting to add some more 'manly' scents. Blue Man discolors to a medium brown, so I went with darker blue and silver swirl (unscented). Sweet Cardamom Chai discolors to a really light brown, but I just left it uncolored except for a brown mica swirl on the top. Figured I'll do the Kentucky Bourbon tomorrow.

Also made some Sweet Peach Guest Soaps. I used RE's Coral Mica, which isn't as dark as it looks, but added a touch of TD and got what I think is a 'ripe peach' color.

I've been wanting to plane and bevel the soaps I made a couple of weeks ago, but they are...'sticky' from all the heat and humidity. I'm thinking I might have to stick them in my daughter's room with a fan to get them to 'dry' out a little.

In 'invent the universe' spirit, my most recent soapy thing has been trying to make 3d printed moulds with silicone liners. The past few weeks have been full of setbacks, until I realised that the acetone I had ordered in specially couldn't possibly be pure acetone. Add luck would have it, I found an "extra strong" nail varnish remover in the chemist which was 98% acetone and that worked much better for smoothing the prints to hopefully get a flat surface.
Of course then I calculated not quite enough silicone to fill the gap, exacerbated by the fact that the bottom part was too thick in the model.
Finally, the 'blank' taking the place of the soap while pouring the silicone got very stuck in. I had to pull it out with pliers, in the course of which it came apart into several pieces...
Still, despite all of that I do now have a test mould with liner of a size to make a single bar of soap. I've done some tweaking of the model and hopefully will soon be in a position to scale up to 4- and 6-bar sized moulds.

I made the soap challenge clubs melt and pour soap. Its resting peacefully in the fridge. Im not doing the challenge, but i saw a tutorial on a hybrid cp/clear soap, and this challenge popped up. I figured that i would give it a go using their recipe. So i bought the tutorial.

So far it looks pretty clear. Keeping my fingers crossed. Its a lot of steps and ingredients. Will probably never do this again. Its really out of my comfort zone. I guess just not my thing. Hopefully i can make something nice out of it for our challenge. I think these bars will sell for somewhere around $300 per bar. Like my whole bottle of SL, half a bottle of glycerin, a jug of sugar, pinch of lye, half container of 99% isopropyl, and a dollop of distilled water. Oh and a smidge of stearic acid. Thats all, i think lol.

More soapy dishes than i have ever created in my life LOL

I made the soap challenge clubs melt and pour soap. Its resting peacefully in the fridge. Im not doing the challenge, but i saw a tutorial on a hybrid cp/clear soap, and this challenge popped up. I figured that i would give it a go using their recipe. So i bought the tutorial.

So far it looks pretty clear. Keeping my fingers crossed. Its a lot of steps and ingredients. Will probably never do this again. Its really out of my comfort zone. I guess just not my thing. Hopefully i can make something nice out of it for our challenge. I think these bars will sell for somewhere around $300 per bar. Like my whole bottle of SL, half a bottle of glycerin, a jug of sugar, pinch of lye, half container of 99% isopropyl, and a dollop of distilled water. Oh and a smidge of stearic acid. Thats all, i think lol.

More soapy dishes than i have ever created in my life LOL
I haven’t even made the clear yet. I have zero ideas how to use it yet! Hoping I get inspired by others creations. I probably won’t be motivated enough to make the clear until I have some kind of idea on how I want to use it. But, I’m super excited to see what everyone makes!

Tasha you're giving all those big name youtube soapers a run for their money with this one!!! It's FANTASTIC.

Cut my homemade clear melt and pour. The bubbles were just ok. I tried to take a pic of my soapy hand and i dropped the block down the garbage disposer. It grinds up easy if thats a good soap property LMBO.

pretty pleased with the clarity, although it does look a little yellow now. I have never even used melt and pour before, so i have nothing to compare it too. I have read that it might clear up a bit after re-melting. If not, mica to the rescue!

Backdrop is my pineapple top for your pleasure. Egads i gotta plant that thing.
6ADDBBDA-EB74-447F-ABE1-5A6FC4C5BA43.jpeg

Today I worked on beveling some soap. There are several more bars to bevel and photograph; not sure how much of that I'll get done today, though.

Work it is, It takes time to bevel and more time to photograph!

I haven’t even made the clear yet. I have zero ideas how to use it yet! Hoping I get inspired by others creations. I probably won’t be motivated enough to make the clear until I have some kind of idea on how I want to use it. But, I’m super excited to see what everyone makes!

This is me, too. I have no idea what I would do with it.

Cut my homemade clear melt and pour. The bubbles were just ok. I tried to take a pic of my soapy hand and i dropped the block down the garbage disposer. It grinds up easy if thats a good soap property LMBO.

pretty pleased with the clarity, although it does look a little yellow now. I have never even used melt and pour before, so i have nothing to compare it too. I have read that it might clear up a bit after re-melting. If not, mica to the rescue!

Backdrop is my pineapple top for your pleasure. Egads i gotta plant that thing.
View attachment 60872
This is really impressive. I can’t begin to imagine tackling this with all of the steps and ingredients involved.

[QUOTE="Mobjack Bay,

This is really impressive. I can’t begin to imagine tackling this with all of the steps and ingredients involved.
[/QUOTE]

Ingredients that i didnt have on hand lol. But once i broke the recipe down, it really only took about an hour. Its cheaper to just buy a block of mnp though. Havent done the math. i think that if i did it again, it might not be so hard…and less dishes!

Cleaned up the mountain of dishes from Santasquatch. Started prepping for some Christmas pull throughs.

Attachments

• D05A8B17-D216-4F50-BA94-7B6D1F0D0BC1.jpeg
    D05A8B17-D216-4F50-BA94-7B6D1F0D0BC1.jpeg
    323.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 867DE1BB-BCEF-447A-807C-C72A84D9420B.jpeg
    867DE1BB-BCEF-447A-807C-C72A84D9420B.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 20
  • D4F2B911-89E6-4AE2-9830-449468D0C31D.jpeg
    D4F2B911-89E6-4AE2-9830-449468D0C31D.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 22
I've been messing with holiday themes. Scented with Pumpkin Party by Nurture. Started out looking like a sweet potato & pumpkin pie and changed to this amazing thing I won't be able to duplicate ever. Looks like fudge and my daughter says smells like a cheap Bath & Body Works knockoff🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 20210911_121304.jpg
    20210911_121304.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 26
  • received_1303738396713189.jpeg
    received_1303738396713189.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 29
Back