What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This afternoon I grabbed severall pieces of thin remnants of soap bars to rebatch. As if I didn't have enough of mine + my soapmaking failures+ bevelling and shaving material - my second daughter also asks me to use her remnants. So I sorted the pieces by colour, shredded, added hot water to the pot and put the materials in pots in the oven hratd at 50 deg C. I maintained the temperatre for about two to three hours . I filled four individual moulds of various sizes and shapes and alo added some inclusions to make te soap bars more attractive.
I wonder how much they will shrink and what will become of the shapes.

My new food grade stainless steel extruder was delivered today. I can’t wait to make more soap dough canes.

F15A4830-2B50-49A9-AB9F-D2D3CE5C4F69.jpeg

It’s cold process soap and a pull-through technique. Here’s a how to video:

Wild Platanica is also where I get all my pull-through tools. It is a pretty fun soap making pour. Look at some of @TashaBird posts… she is the pull-through queen!

That’s how I do it! And those discs, and her kit make it all possible.

@Mobjack Bay check out the discs on soapstampsandstuff.com

Mailed a bunch of soap orders. Soapsquatch was a hit! 😆
Finally getting some success at the vacuum form bath bombs! I’ve had a lot of stressful disaster messes! I can hardly wait to use my airbrush to paint them!!!
Broke down and bought the cheap shrink wrap system from amazon. Really want a national system! Just don’t have the funds atm.
These have my new fave scent from NS, Avalon. I call it Apples and Lilac. It’s super humid so these went into my old dehydrator which has fan in the back, so my whole house smells crazy good!!!
Maybe I can find a ufo shaped silicone soap mold to go with these!

Attachments

• 81BAA8EC-58F3-441D-90E2-DCD8DC325B16.jpeg
    81BAA8EC-58F3-441D-90E2-DCD8DC325B16.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 8AE2E736-AFC1-4111-82CD-93F7186B4187.jpeg
    8AE2E736-AFC1-4111-82CD-93F7186B4187.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 91FD70D8-450C-4FCA-8CE7-5266D8FEBB9D.jpeg
    91FD70D8-450C-4FCA-8CE7-5266D8FEBB9D.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 3292C5E2-57BB-4E72-B532-423ECFF114BC.jpeg
    3292C5E2-57BB-4E72-B532-423ECFF114BC.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 10
I noticed a while back that our local agri store sold pine tar and resolved to get some on my next visit... Of course, by the next visit they had changed over to only selling some kind of sprayable version, which I presume is not the right thing for soap 🤔 Then we went to another branch of the same store (looking for chick food) and they had the right stuff so I snapped it up!

Now I'm wondering... How much soap do I want to make this month? I'm itching to try the pine tar (no pun intended) but I also want to do the ombre challenge, and I'm trying to be on something of a soap diet before we're entirely overrun! I guess the two couldn't really be combined...?
Pine tar soap is REALLY fun, I recommend @DeeAnna ’s tutorial. If you could do an ombré I would be very impressed as it traces… uh… swiftly.

The glue stick works great! Thanks for the idea!
Oh, terrific! 😊👍

Mailed a bunch of soap orders. Soapsquatch was a hit! 😆
Finally getting some success at the vacuum form bath bombs! I’ve had a lot of stressful disaster messes! I can hardly wait to use my airbrush to paint them!!!
Broke down and bought the cheap shrink wrap system from amazon. Really want a national system! Just don’t have the funds atm.
These have my new fave scent from NS, Avalon. I call it Apples and Lilac. It’s super humid so these went into my old dehydrator which has fan in the back, so my whole house smells crazy good!!!
Maybe I can find a ufo shaped silicone soap mold to go with these!
I just invested in a National Shrinkwrap system. It came right away and they provide a ton of good guidance and are available for support on the phone. I am still getting the hang of it but overall I’m glad I bought it.

"Thanks for coming in to meet with us last week, it was a pleasure speaking with you. Do you have some time today for a quick call? I would like to make you a job offer."

I bet the discussion of my soapy stuff pushed them over the edge.

:dance:
Fantastic! Congratulations :hippo:

I just invested in a National Shrinkwrap system. It came right away and they provide a ton of good guidance and are available for support on the phone. I am still getting the hang of it but overall I’m glad I bought it.
Serious envy!

I look forward to seeing how it works for you. I know I want that system. Just hoping this cheapo isn’t a total waste of money for right now. Please share any tips or tricks you learn as you go! I’ve just got these wonky shaped bath bombs and 95RH outside, and I’ve gotta preserve them. Mighta put the cart before the horse. 🤷🏻‍♀️

The postie rang the bell, & I thought "but I haven't ordered anything" (this week at any rate:p)
What a wonderful surprise.

One of my family who works for a wholesale supply company , posted me a batch of his samples:-
Some essential oils;
Butters (even coffee butter!);
kaolin clay;
aloe powder;
pumice

And other stuff (Coffee Oil; coconut PhytPeel; menthol oil; tumeric butter)

I'm going to have to figure out how to use some of the things. Seriously. I hadn't heard of some things before.

Latest posts

Back